CX-5 Driver's Side Rear Seats Not Latching

bacon1987

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Hello,

I have a 2014 Mazda CX5 AWD Grant Touring, which I have had for almost a year now. Great car, few issues, but I have a problem with the rear seat. The driver's side rear seat will not latch back up. I have laid the seat down several times over the course of the year, and have never had any issue putting it back up. I don't put heavy objects on the back of the seat when it is down, and I don't keep the seats down for long periods of time. When I try to put the seat back up the latch will not catch, it is not an alignment issue as the seat and the anchor fit together perfectly. I found one other instance where someone else had this same issue and they solved it with brute force. This quick fix that the guy offered, didn't fix the issue permanently. The issue is only with the driver's side rear seat.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there any way to fix this issue without going to the dealership?

Have you checked to see if there was anything blocking:
  • the latch mechanism
  • back of the seat-base under the cloth barrier

Try pulling on the remote releases in the rear and see if that resets the mechanism.

Back