Custom Mazda 6 Sub Enclosure and IDMax 12D2 V3 Subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrodhotrod

Contributor
:
2003 Mazda Protege5 (Mine) 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE (Wife's)
Hi All,

This was part of my system that I bought for my MS6 but was never able to install or finish. The enclosure was previously purchased from another member here and the sub was purchased NEW (not seconds or refurb) from Car Domain before they closed up their car audio shop. I can provide the buyer with the car domain receipts.

This unit fits all Mazda 6 sedans (MS6 and regular 6). Will not fit in the hatchback or the wagon.

You can see lots photos of everything done to improve the enclosure in my install thread that is linked to in my signature, also available here:

http://tinyurl.com/bp3r9p

Of interest to you are post #2 and post #25

I would prefer to keep these as a pair selling the enclosure and sub in a single transaction to a single buyer. The sub really is a perfect match for the enclosure and it gives you great sound while taking up a minimum amount of trunk space. Also easily removable for track, travel, whatever.

The sub stays put pretty well with nothing bolting it down, but I added a locking mechanism to the top that allows you to bolt it to the side of the car. Also to secure it to some degree. I have an uninstalled part of this lock that I will include for the buyer so they can utilize it if they want to.

The box has been fully sealed, had sound deadening applied, had quick release terminals installed, had permanent threaded attachments for the bolts added, and had a grill to protect the sub added.

This is a steal at $325 shipped for the sub and enclosure (please keep in mind, this is very heavy, won't be in the smallest of boxes therefore it is not in-expensive to ship). I paid $359, just for the sub, and $275 for the sub loaded with a JL 12w0, and have put even more money into improving the box.

This is one of the best SQ subs you can buy that also hits very hard. I have available a NEW never installed Rockford Punch 150 anniversary edition amplifier that is a perfect match if you are interested in purchasing that as well. This sub presents a 4ohm load currently as wired but is easy enough to remove from the box for re-wiring thanks to the hardwire installed. If you bridge an amp, this means a 2ohm load to the amplifier.

Lots of pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfergeek/sets/72157594218443344/

Required tagged pictures:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back