Cursed President's Day

jville

:
2007 MazdaSpeed 6
Of course its presidents day when I'm expecting my boost gauge to be delivered. Sorry just had to vent. I need a gov't job so i can be off. Instead I have to deal with all of the people who are off today! It makes me crazy.(confused)

lol i feel ur pain. right now i'm at work..a country club pro shop...heh yay for so many members..what makes it worse is that we're busy today and the other dude decided to bail on me..1 cash register for 10 people at once is not kool. anyways maybe ur getting holiday pay? which is a good thing. i'm not getting holiday pay cause this place is a bunch of tight asses. wish i had today off haha

LOL holiday pay? Whats that? Lunch, whats a lunch? No these tight wads squeeze bugers out of lincolns nose they're such penny pinchers. I can;t wait to start my night job, I am manager and head mechanic at Tire Connection here in jax and about to start a 2nd night mechanic job.

lol o i see. but at least ur kinda up there right? if ur a manager, dont u have some special privileges? hmm heh i cant say anything being that i'm just a pawn in this stupid company lol

Good God, Get use it! You work in the Automotive service industry. I've been doing service advising and parts for 10 years now. Maybe you need to look at a different career field. I'm actually looking for a non auto related career. I'm just burnt out period. Cars and wrenching are not a hobby for me anymore. Its not fun.

Last edited:
Good God, Get use it! You work in the Automotive service industry. I've been doing service advising and parts for 10 years now. Maybe you need to look at a different career field. I'm actually looking for a non auto related career. I'm just burnt out period. Cars and wrenching are not a hobby for me anymore. Its not fun.

How old are you? I'm prolly not looking to switch careers. Ive already got my first 6 ase's and take the last 2 (a2&a3 manual and auto trans) in may. 20 year old master tech making 25$ an hour for something thats like 2nd nature, why leave. Now the whole customer service part is what sucks. I did'nt want to be manager, but the original manager left and nobody else here is trust worthy enough to be given keys. Not to menchin i basically ran the place from the shop b4.

I got a disturbing the peace ticket in my Mazda today :( Unmarked SUV pulled me over on a 5 lane road in a non-residential area. LOL. 77 bucks out the window. Being poor and in college FTL

How old are you? I'm prolly not looking to switch careers. Ive already got my first 6 ase's and take the last 2 (a2&a3 manual and auto trans) in may. 20 year old master tech making 25$ an hour for something thats like 2nd nature, why leave. Now the whole customer service part is what sucks. I did'nt want to be manager, but the original manager left and nobody else here is trust worthy enough to be given keys. Not to menchin i basically ran the place from the shop b4.

I'm 33 years old. I thought you were actually younger then me. Worked for Chevy, Honda, Audi, Porsche, VW, Mazda, Nissan, and Suzuki. Now I just do parts for the largest BMW parts cataloger in the US. http://www.bavauto.com I love it but hate dealing with assholes all the time. If you have been doing it for that long you are very familar with the hours atleast. I would not leave either after 20 years and making that.

You work for a Dealer or independent shop?

Last edited:
I worked at a chevy dealership for 2 years but got sick of manufacturers warranty bs. now i work at an independent shop by day and local tire chain by night.

I slept in, then went and had lunch with my dad, and then worked on the car, did laundry, and got a haircut. It's the one thing I like about office jobs, I get all government holidays off. i use to turn wrenches until I hurt my back. I loved working holidays because we were busy.

Last edited:
I worked at a chevy dealership for 2 years but got sick of manufacturers warranty bs. now i work at an independent shop by day and local tire chain by night.

That was the problem you worked at a GM dealer. At the shop you work at now do they specialize in one make or just all brands?

no i'm only 20 years old, you mis read.

I did mis read than. I thought you had 20 years of experience.

Last edited:
I'm 33 years old. I thought you were actually younger then me. Worked for Chevy, Honda, Audi, Porsche, VW, Mazda, Nissan, and Suzuki. Now I just do parts for the largest BMW parts cataloger in the US. http://www.bavauto.com I love it but hate dealing with assholes all the time. If you have been doing it for that long you are very familar with the hours atleast. I would not leave either after 20 years and making that.

You work for a Dealer or independent shop?

Man I ordered a ton of s*** from you guys, lol.

Well back to the OP. They attempted to deliver my boost gauge but of course no-body was home so i have to wai ttil tommorow to pic it up! Awell hopefully its slow at work so i can install it. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics. Maybe a how to. Anyone know if there is one already?

Back