Current Mazda owner needs a luxury car as well

sangs

:
mazda
I have been driving Mazda CX-5 for last 7 years. Now i also need a 7 seater car also because family grew ( kids). Thinking of buying a luxury 7 seater . I won't be selling my CX-5. I shortlisted BMW X7 and Benz GLS 450. Which car you guys recommend being a Mazda owner.

Have you been happy with your CX-5 over the last seven years? If so, I'd suggest checking out the new CX-90? It replaces the CX-9, so offers room for seven (up to eight) and has a new inline 6 engine with two turbo options and a PHEV coming out later this year. Might be worth comparing to the X7 and GLS 450?

Have you been happy with your CX-5 over the last seven years? If so, I'd suggest checking out the new CX-90? It replaces the CX-9, so offers room for seven (up to eight) and has a new inline 6 engine with two turbo options and a PHEV coming out later this year. Might be worth comparing to the X7 and GLS 450?

I'll echo this statement. Unless you're looking for a full-bore, undeniably luxury vehicle, the CX-90 will probably check most boxes. IMHO, for the CX-90 to even have a chance at being considered truly luxury, it needs fancy massaging seats and air suspension for a more comfortable, less sporty ride (when you want it).

like CX5. it served my purpose for 7 years. Cx-90 i had a look at it. It's roomier. But it's competing with telluride and palisade and costlier than them. It will serve the family ride purpose. If CX90 is same price range of these, then I would have considered cx90 as first choice. But it's expensive than competitor and lesser than luxury 7 seater. engine power and driving experience wise it's less than GLS 450 and X7.

like CX5. it served my purpose for 7 years. Cx-90 i had a look at it. It's roomier. But it's competing with telluride and palisade and costlier than them. It will serve the family ride purpose. If CX90 is same price range of these, then I would have considered cx90 as first choice. But it's expensive than competitor and lesser than luxury 7 seater. engine power and driving experience wise it's less than GLS 450 and X7.

Mazda has been punching above it's normal class for the past 5+ years, with the turbo CX-5 being compared against the Acura RDX and now the CX-90 being compared against the GLS and X7. It seems that a lot of auto journalists focus on value on either side (Korean twins vs. CX-90, and CX-90 vs. BMW and Merc). There's points to be made in both considerations, but the CX-90 does seem to fall somewhere in between these two. It's interesting because you'll probably never find a Telluride/Palisade vs. X7 comparison ever.

I do remember seeing one video review where the drivers said that the CX-90 is a better drive compared to the base X7. I think it was Throttle House or TheStraightPipes.

Both the X7 and the GLS 450 are great cars and above anything Mazda offers. If the additional cost of initial purchase and ownership (gas, maintenance) are not an issue, both are great choices. Drive one and see what you like best. BMW still had analog stuff, which I prefer.

Both the X7 and the GLS 450 are great cars and above anything Mazda offers. If the additional cost of initial purchase and ownership (gas, maintenance) are not an issue, both are great choices. Drive one and see what you like best. BMW still had analog stuff, which I prefer.
X7 feels powerful. Dashboard is not stylish like GLS 450. GLS feel more comfortable ride.

I would advise against buying German. Leasing is fine.
I owned a BMW 540iA before for 8 yrs.
I lost count how many issues I ran into with it.

Every time I came to office late, my co-worker joked about
"Is your Bimmer broken again?"

Yes. I enjoyed driving it when it worked.

Yea, I am thinking of leasing them for 3 years. After reading all the online reviews, the concerning factor is the maintenance cost of owning the German cars. Being a Mazda owner, I only had regular maintenance and low cost servicing. Very difficult to get out of that mindset and spending huge amounts just for owning this luxury car

To me, there are only two *real* luxury cars, and both made from a very specific period of time, the 62-76 Lincoln or Cadillac.

Until you've driven one, you can't understand just how epic the are. They're living rooms on four wheels.
1687024304717.png

To me, there are only two *real* luxury cars, and both made from a very specific period of time, the 62-76 Lincoln or Cadillac.

Until you've driven one, you can't understand just how epic the are. They're living rooms on four wheels.
View attachment 320034

Luxury vehicles have been redefined over the years.

Yea, I am thinking of leasing them for 3 years. After reading all the online reviews, the concerning factor is the maintenance cost of owning the German cars. Being a Mazda owner, I only had regular maintenance and low cost servicing. Very difficult to get out of that mindset and spending huge amounts just for owning this luxury car

That is the one thing that has put me off the euro brands as well. Brother had a 4 series BMW. Beautiful car and fast as crap. But his dealer services were always in the $300-450 range. And once he went to a private shop, the issues started.

Luxury vehicles have been redefined over the years.
Doesn't mean they're better. Fact is, if you ask me, they've gotten worse, WAY worse.

You know what opinions are like, but I think you should be totally isolated from the road and traffic around you when you're in a luxury car. And that's where old Caddys and Lincolns absolutely excel.

Like I said, you have to experience it to know what I'm talking about.

I guess the only modern cars that can do that to that level for you are Rolls Royce (nope, not even Bentley) or Maybach. But we're talking DEEP into 6 figures for something like that. A *primo* example of a classic Caddy or Lincoln costs 1/10th of what one of those cost.

Acura MDX ASPED ADVANCE TYPE S

Mazda CX90 whatever the top trim is with the I6 engine. Don't get the PHEV like in this review, but it DOES show the car well. The I6 actually propells it well.

Demonstration of CX90 I6:

Either of these will do 85-95% of what non AMG MB or ///M BMW's will, and they will do it reliably.

Last edited:
Acura MDX ASPED ADVANCE TYPE S

[...]
came in here to recommend the mdx. lexus rx (if they still make the L version w/ 3rd row) might also be decent. that's if you need it to be an actual luxury car. there are also plenty of very nice mid size SUVs made by the non-luxury brands.

came in here to recommend the mdx. lexus rx (if they still make the L version w/ 3rd row) might also be decent. that's if you need it to be an actual luxury car. there are also plenty of very nice mid size SUVs made by the non-luxury brands.
MDX , third row is cramped.
Lexus consumes a lot of gas and very pricey

Back