cupholder rattle

dima_rus

as many of you might know, the cup holder in the second row constantly rattles. Did any of you creative minds come up with a good solution on how to stop it from rattling?
Any help much appreciated.

Dima

Last edited:
Are you talking about the flip down single cup holder at the bottom rear of the front center console (2006-2007 only), or the twin cupholder/basket that folds out from under the second row seat?

Are you talking about the flip down single cup holder at the bottom rear of the front center console (2006-2007 only), or the twin cupholder/basket that folds out from under the second row seat?

I'm talking about basket/cupholder that comes out of the second row right seat and I think only available on GT models. Any solution there?

Dima

Does yours still have the rubber bumpers that the tray sits on when it is folded out?

As a side note: Everybody knows what the 45degree slots are for on the corners of the cupholder tray right?

Last edited:
Does yours still have the rubber bumpers that the tray sits on when it is folded out?

As a side note: Everybody knows what the 45degree slots are for on the corners of the cupholder tray right?

I don't think I have anything there. I'll have to double check

i was thinking they were shopping bag holders? Did I win, did I win? (hi)

I don't think I have anything there. I'll have to double check

On my 2006 there is a beefy, thick rubber pad that the tray sits on top of.

If your rubber pad is still there, but the tray still rattles, perhaps you can take a piece of adhesive foam weatherstrip and place it between the rubber bumper and the tray. Maybe place it so it sticks to the underside of the tray but contacts the rubber bumper when the tray is folded out?(dunno)

To be honest, I have had a rattle that has been hard to isolate, it seemed like it could be from that area, I wonder if this could be it?

Back