CT Autocross/Track Thread

RenesisKing

That thing got a hemi??
:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
Hey boys and girls,

I figured I'd start this thread so that we can get more Mazdas to go to track and autocross events in the state and in the neighboring states. It kinda sucks just going by yourself and is more fun when you got people that go with you. A few guys from RX-8 club and I went to a few meets and they were always fun but it would be awesome with more people. The next meet is April 16th which happens to be a Saturday if anyone is interested. Its on www.fcscc.com and its pretty fun to go and run on the autocross course. If you are down, let me know and we'll meet up and convoy down or something.

Can't this saturday Kumar, It's gonna be a couple weeks before my car is running well enough to race. CART is also running most of their events in Hartford for the next few months and that lot is pretty nice. Also there's a couple of track days coming up at Lime Rock that I really want to check out.

Hey man everything's been ok, winter was tough. Im just in serious need of a tune. The midpipe and no tune has my car running so rich its basically flooding at low rpm. I have the accesport and should be getting a mazdamaniac tune next week, hopefully that'll sort it out.

Oh damn! Thats a ton of fuel being dumped. I have the same setup as you and don't have that issue. You check your plugs? I just got a custom exhaust on and a tranny brace. I can't go autocrossing tomorrow unfortunately because the shop couldn't get my adjustment knob on the left rear. I'm getting that done on Tuesday so I'll be ready for the following events. If you need a hand let me know Drew.

Yea I want to check ignition problems out too, but I dont notice any power loss at high rpm, still think it could be the plugs? or coils? Everything was changed when I got my new engine, like 20k miles ago. I know they go bad quick on our cars but that quick?

It could be, you are supposed to check/replace them every 15K. I just replaced mine and its a world of a difference. If you can get an ignition kit and stick with stock plugs, they work great.

There is an auto-X event this Sunday in Stratford if anyone is down to go. I should be there hoping everything is all well.

Back