Creaking from front wheel?

monkeymsp

:
03 MSP Mica
Anybody get speed dependent creaking when going around left turns? I notice it in the Parking Garage at work. When I make 90 deg left turns I notice the Right Front wheel goes Creeeaaak ---- Creeeaaak ----- Creeeaaak -----. The faster I go arouns the turn the faster the creaks come. I had a guy follow my car while going through a turn and he concurred that its coming from the front wheel somewhere. It does not seem to happen around right turns.
It also does not seem to be related to the brakes. I thought at first that the sound might be the rotors and pads rubbing... But I tried holding the brakes while I went around the turn and it made no difference in the sound.

I am completely Stock and have about 10k miles. All Lug nuts are torqued to 80ft/lbs Pressure is 32psi and there is nothing in the tread of the tire or on it.

Any Ideas?

Its some of them fancy mazda bushings doing the creak on you. Nothing horrible and the dealer will replace them if you complain.

I just started noticing that on my MSP recently. I notice the creak when I take certain left turns at certain speeds. Weird huh. Now I'm a little more concerned. Shitballs. (direct)(bang)

DistantTea said:
Its some of them fancy mazda bushings doing the creak on you. Nothing horrible and the dealer will replace them if you complain.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I would think the susp creak would only happen when going over bumps and not appear to be related to wheel rotation, no? I searched before I posted but all the susp creak threads seem to be when people go over speed bumps. Did I miss something? Or is this a new way it manifests itself?

That doesn't sound like the typical "urethane bushing" noise; that occurs more on bumps rather than in sustained low-speed cornering loads. Could be a dragging brake pad, torn CV joint boot, or rubbing somewhere else underneath the front end. Have it checked at the dealer if you're headed there, or just check it yourself to see if anything underneath is rubbing. Doesn't sound like the normal bushing squeak, which would be expected in cold weather going over a bump, and would happen in time with car body movement.

Is the creak continious or does it just happen and pass? I guess I read that as it just happens real fast.

DistantTea said:
Is the creak continious or does it just happen and pass? I guess I read that as it just happens real fast.

Happens about once per wheel rotation near as I can tell. And it only seems to happen loudly when the vehicle is warm... When I first go it happnes but it is a lot quieter.

Back