Crank Sensor Broke

SSMS3

:
'13 CWP
Anyone else have this happen?

My car shut down and would not refire last Friday, they called today and said the above. He asked me "off the record" if I had tried to change the timing, which I have not, and said it was overtightened and broke

They also confirmed what I told them, the car was under 0 load when it broke and I was going 6mph. They can pull that info out of the ECU?

Yeah, the PCM should record all sensors for quite some time, and a modern scan tool can read that. Mode$06 should show it.

This is why I fear some mods on my car since I think that damn ECU records more then we know. I wanted an TMIC but then a ex service worker from a dodge dealer said that they knew when people removed s*** back to stock for warranty because the ECU recorded at some point more power then stock going to the car.

See if you can find out more about this because if the ECU records that s*** some people are going to have a wake up call when the dealer pulls that info and it doesnt match what the car should be at stock.

I thought when I heard tabout the ECU recording everything it was BS but not I wonder.

to get around the tech finding what the ecu recorded if there is problem and the car is not stock and you put it back to stock remember to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.. It will reset all of the counters and erase what the ecu stores at the time of the problem.. the tech then has no way to tell what was done to the car at the time the problem..

This is what I figured but you are sure it wont store anything that cant be erased from unplugging the battery?

The insurance companies love this feature. No more... I wasn't speeding, I hit my brakes, etc.

Thanks guys, all very good info
I'm interested to see if others will chime in with the same carnage or if this is a very isolated case

Just an FYI, it wouldn't know if more power was being made, it only knows what various sensors are reading. Examples - throttle position, misfire count, A/F ratios according to the O2 sensors, EGR valve position and duration, injector duty cycle, fuel pressure, ECT, IAC, so on and so on.

There are approximately 14 Monitors that are a part of the ECU's windows. These are also how the ECU sets CEL's. Throw a P0301 code due to a #1 cylinder problem, and the ecu remarks when the code was thrown, and how many misfires have occured in that cylinder. And so on.

BTW I checked on Identifix, and CKP sensors haven't been reported by any other techs in the program. So, I'd say isolated.

Back