Could possibly be buying a Mazda3.

lyonsroar

I've been posting in the MazdaSpeed 3 section, but I could just as likely end up in a N/A 3 so I thought I'd ask a few questions over here.

I'm getting out of my 2000 Volvo S40 1.9 liter turbo because of reliability issues. It only made ~160 HP so a Mazda 3 would not be a downgrade. So here's a few questions:
What has your experience been with reliability?
How much should I expect to pay for a 2007-2008 model? I'm really looking for a "S" Grand Touring manual transmission, but they seem pretty rare.
How easy are these car's to modify? My s40 is insanely hard to modify. We can't even buy a prefabbed exhaust system, it has to be custom made. I'm talking easy stuff, CF hood, intake, exhaust. How does the 3 respond to those mods?

Also, one more thing:
nice.jpg

Does anyone know whose this is? I'm just wondering how much modification was needed to attain this. It looks to be lowered, CF hood, and MS3 wheels. Are MS3 wheels direct bolt up to N/A Sedan? Are any spacers, etc needed to prevent rubbing?

The whole deal is this:
I want a car that I can take to shows and be proud of. The x40 was so hard to modify it made everything no fun. If the N/A Mazda3 is easy enough to mod to look good (as in the one above) I would be VERY happy going with that.

Thanks for looking!

That look would be fairly easy to attain.
As far as i know.. yes the ms3 wheels will fit no problem on stock suspension but idk about being lowered. but just have the fender rolled a little if it does rub no big deal.

As for mods no problems the motor can handle it and its reliable.

I have 46k on my 6 (same motor) no problems.

as for whos car that is??? im not really sure but idk if he is still around or not.

I found my 2008.5 MZ3 HB Grand Touring (manual transmission) through cars.com last september, It was actual a good price (16k) and only had 10k miles. I suggest looking around, good deals are out there but in the GT trim finding a manual is not easy and you may have to look furthur away, but its worth it! i wish I could have found a speed, but most the ones I saw had too many miles or looked like they had been driven really hard/modded a lot.

Back