Could a bad rear motor mount cause this?

:
2001 Mazda MP3
OK, so hears the deal. It feels like something is "shifting" when i slow down, sometimes when i turn at low speeds.

I can feel vibes in the clutch and brake assemblies but not engine vibes, just kinda feels stuff is shifting kinda sorda.

I got under the car and checked and everything was tight, nothing was lose(which i thought might be happening) but couldn't tell by looking at the motor mount if is starting to wear out.

If you wanna test, rev the engine in neutral with your foot a bit on the clutch pedal. If it vibes in synch with engine rpm, the poster above is probably right, if it doesn't, you have a clutch, throwout or input shaft bearing type issue.

i get that feeling too when u let off after accelerating. guess that's just the nature of the engine (or maybe the tranny?). poor engine mounts design on mazda's end.

would you be getting knock or KR with a bent rod?

You might but, not definitively, for sure. It's the vibes, increased blowby and reduced performance you'd likely notice first.

Checking the trans mount requires removal of the battery, battery box and ECM. The rear motor mount is a simple re and re to look at it. The passenger mount is fluid filled and will be leaking juice if broken.

Back