Corksport tbe installed!

driver311

:
08 speed 3
Before i was running stock dp,custom 2.5 testpipe and no muffler. Now im running full tbe from corksport. First impression says that its alot quieter normal driving which i love. Then at wot it comes alive. Has so much more depth its awesome. Remember this exhaust is 80mm so its a touch bigger than 3inch. I like it ALOT. First power impressions were a loss in bottom end. Which i like because my car was to much of a tire frier and spooled to fast before. Now it comes on more mellow yet pulls harder up top. Exactly what this car needed. Im also holding about 1 more pound of boost at 6k. So thats good too. All in all I like it and the sound is PERFECT! I highly recommend it. Thanks Ken at ProtegeGarage for hooking it up. I appreciate it. (drinks)

hey grats driver. I'm just running CBE right now. I'm really waiting on some sort of catted dp, I don't wanna go with CPE due to the one piece design. I would rather have a separate test pipe so I can easily switch it out for track/smogging. Hopefully someone comes out with something like this soon, I'm tired of the boost spikes. Ken@ PG hint*hint*

very little smoking, and dyno graphs will go up when the fmic is here. im guessing next week. I dynod earlier this week and couldnt get the boost to hold. when i made 311whp it was in the summer and it seemed to hold boost WAY BETTER. Though then i had the forge bc. now Im running the turbosmart and no matter what it falls to 15-16psi. my last dyno was 300whp 385ftlbs. 22-15psi. Torque was high from the 22psi spike and whp fell with the boost. where it peaked the car was only seeing around 16psi. DAMN IT!!! I might try a different boost controller too.

very little smoking, and dyno graphs will go up when the fmic is here. im guessing next week. I dynod earlier this week and couldnt get the boost to hold. when i made 311whp it was in the summer and it seemed to hold boost WAY BETTER. Though then i had the forge bc. now Im running the turbosmart and no matter what it falls to 15-16psi. my last dyno was 300whp 385ftlbs. 22-15psi. Torque was high from the 22psi spike and whp fell with the boost. where it peaked the car was only seeing around 16psi. DAMN IT!!! I might try a different boost controller too.

* What FMIC are you going with?

* Are you going to switch to the AP when it becomes avail. or continue to use the Map Clamp and Forge/Turbosmart MBC?

Hey:

I was wondering where I could find the Corksport TBE online? I've been searching through the stores and can't find it. I only have found it in pieces.

I was curious to know how much it costs.

Thanks.

Before i was running stock dp,custom 2.5 testpipe and no muffler. Now im running full tbe from corksport. First impression says that its alot quieter normal driving which i love. Then at wot it comes alive. Has so much more depth its awesome. Remember this exhaust is 80mm so its a touch bigger than 3inch. I like it ALOT. First power impressions were a loss in bottom end. Which i like because my car was to much of a tire frier and spooled to fast before. Now it comes on more mellow yet pulls harder up top. Exactly what this car needed. Im also holding about 1 more pound of boost at 6k. So thats good too. All in all I like it and the sound is PERFECT! I highly recommend it. Thanks Ken at ProtegeGarage for hooking it up. I appreciate it. (drinks)

Well sir you have made my day! Mine is to arrive this week and if the power band is as you describe, that design result is what I hoped for. I'd like to pull to redline and a pinch beyond before a I decide a gear change. Whats she doi'n after 6000 with your setup in 3rd, 4th? Thanks again for stoking the fire. speedpartsmorefaster

sorry if this has been asked over and over but what mods did you have to get 311 WHP???(cheers)

Which FMIC are you going with? You should DEFINITELY post some FMIC vs TMIC thoughts considering you will be one of the few who has had both. I was actually in the process of ordering the ETS 3.5 from SU (because that's where I ordered my Cobb Stg 2 from) today just to find out that they are back ordered for 6 weeks. Not that I am impatient, it has just inspired me to go FMIC, which is what I wanted in the first place. I want Cobbs, just don't know if I'm THAT patient. I want the ATP, but I hear fitment is a pain and I have the Cobb SRI and don't know how that will work. I think I will probably end up with a Turbo XS if my patience wears out. OH! And my Corksport TBE should be here on the 18th :) Curious to see what kind of progress I'll make with exhaust added. We only have 1000ft track close to where I am, but with Cobb SRI as my only performance mod, I pulled an 11.15 @ 95mph. I'm pretty stoked about what my little MS3 may be capable of after a couple more mods.......
Sorry for the rant/thread jack, back to your regularly scheduled program on Corksport TBE FTW!

can u post pic/vids i will be getting the tbe in the spring but would like to see some good pic/vid since there is not to many good ones out there
thanks

Back