Corksport strut brace

Burlo

:
Mazda2 sport
Looking for some advice about the corksport strut brace, or any strut brace really, if anybody has one, are they any good? Worth buying? Advantages and disadvantages? I read somewhere that fitting the corksport strut brace would require removing cruise control due to a bracket being in the way? Somebody also mentioned that (while looking under my Bonet) your air con pipe is In the way..? Any feedback would be great!

I'm highly doubtful that any of the strut braces do anything except make the engine bay look a little fancier. I'd spend the money on the CS intake instead. Or the swaybar set.

The strut towers are so close to the firewall in our car that a brace is going to see limited gains. If you've already done swaybars, tires, and coilovers and you're still looking for more stiffness up front, then maybe it would be worth it.

Looking for some advice about the corksport strut brace, or any strut brace really, if anybody has one, are they any good? Worth buying? Advantages and disadvantages? I read somewhere that fitting the corksport strut brace would require removing cruise control due to a bracket being in the way? Somebody also mentioned that (while looking under my Bonet) your air con pipe is In the way..? Any feedback would be great!

The cruise control is done with the throttle by wire and the A/C lines are plenty clear of the brace. That sounds like the 99-03 Protege tower brace which you had to do some work to install.

-Derrick

I added the STB because I came from a 7 which saw HUGE gains from the STB. I would probably have to say that any "Gains" from an STB for the 2 would be measured in "Butt dynos"...

Edit: I like your tag "I'm not drunk, Just avoiding potholes." stealing that phrase!

I think there's other Corksport parts out there that will give you more noticeable effects. Start with the sway bars and shocks.

There is not C/S strut brace available for my car; I got mine from Ultra Racing. They specialize in braces. I am very happy with it and also got a rear and front lower arm bar. Highly recommended.

I have coilovers, "sport" tires, corksport front ARB and corksport strut tower brace, seemed decent enough, looks decent, cheap... Why not

Back