Corksport MM Inserts. My first Mod!

mr_mazda329

:
97 Mazda Miata; 09 CWP Mazdaspeed 3
T-Drive complete= Holy crap is there a big difference.

Shifting = way smoother
Throttle response = better
Heel Toeing = a lot easier now
Engine rock = hardly there now
Vibrations = none, car feels more solid :D

Tools Needed:Breaker Bar, 17mm socket, Jack, and Jack Stands

I used the scissor jack in between the oil pan and chassis to aid in with the removal & installtion. So easy, even my wife could have done it. 10-15 min

Stock Mount out:
100_1529.jpg

Inserts installed:
100_1531.jpg

100_1532.jpg

Scissor Jack Method:
100_1537.jpg

Finishing up the install:
100_1538.jpg

100_1539.jpg

Overall, I am very satisfied with the results and I think its a very worthwhile mod. $45 shipped FTW (wiggle)

Last edited:
Good pictures. Did you order direct from corksport because it's $40 shipped from PG. I ordered some black ones and can't wait to install them.

Good pictures. Did you order direct from corksport because it's $40 shipped from PG. I ordered some black ones and can't wait to install them.

Yea, I ordered direct from Corksport.

It made that much of a difference?
It sure did. It's amazing what two little plastic pieces will do. But the TRZ makes more of a difference tho, if you can live with the hard starts. I think when these finally wear out, I'll go that route.

I used the scissor jack method too since I couldn't break loose that one recessed 19 mm bolt on the tranny bracket. The other two came out with no fuss, but I was literally moving the engine with my breaker bar trying to make the recessed one budge. After much grunting and sweating in mid-90 degree weather, I said **** it, used the scissor jack and was done ten minutes later.

Does this make the car even more difficult to get rolling from a stop without either burning out or stalling?

Also, it looks like you don't even have to butcher the stock motor mount for this. Are you just adding two pieces to the complete mount? If so, that's awesome!

Last edited:
Does this make the car even more difficult to get rolling from a stop without either burning out or stalling?

Just the opposite. Shifting and launching from a stop are more predictable since you don't have to account for engine rotation. And those who complain about vibes from the CS MMI need to clean the sand out of their vajayjays. Even with the A/C on full blast, the car hardly has any more resonance than stock.

Ok, where do I sign up for these inserts!~?!

Edit: Nevermind. protegegarage.com... durhhh!

How long do these last? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Did Mazda make their motor mounts soft for a reason?

Last edited:
The inserts can be removed just as easily as they were installed. Anyone can do this mod providing they have jack+stands or ramps and 17mm socket setup. Scissor jack method is highly encouraged tho.

Yea, I ordered direct from Corksport.

It sure did. It's amazing what two little plastic pieces will do. But the TRZ makes more of a difference tho, if you can live with the hard starts. I think when these finally wear out, I'll go that route.
I have been very pleased with this product also and we aprreciate the sharing and pics. Great first mod ! for me.

Just the opposite. Shifting and launching from a stop are more predictable since you don't have to account for engine rotation. And those who complain about vibes from the CS MMI need to clean the sand out of their vajayjays. Even with the A/C on full blast, the car hardly has any more resonance than stock.

hahaha...

Latest posts

Back