Cookies Banner

It's been off and on and each date is posted in this thread. I haven't switched browsers though as Firefox works perfectly for me everywhere but here whenever that banner reappears.
Right...Seems like it went away for you August 2022 based on the posts in this thread. It also appears to have started in July 2022.

I have no idea what “incognito” is ... :unsure:
No problem...I believe you said you're using Edge...In Edge it's called "InPrivate"...You should see the option to open an "InPrivate window" next to opening a standard Edge window. Here is a support page with more info...

If you could open an InPrivate window and then log-in to the site to see whether or not you're still experiencing the same issue...That would be helpful.

Logged in and using InPrivate but it did not work, still the same cookie banner at the bottom.

Logged in and using InPrivate but it did not work, still the same cookie banner at the bottom.
Thanks for testing that and posting the results, it helped!

Banner is no longer popping up for me
Great...Thanks for the update!

Speaking of updates...Good news! I've been in contact with our partner regarding this issue and it appears they were able to duplicate it and resolve it this time (I hope!).

Please let me know...Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

Yes, It's still there! This time I clicked on the Privacy Policy and see it was updated March 2023. Maybe this is when it started again?

Thanks as always for the updates...We're actively looking for a cause/solution but it's proving to be very difficult. As mentioned before, this issue seemed to appear in July 2022 and disappear in August 2022 so perhaps the same thing will happen this summer.

Can either of you recall if there might be anything different about when the issue was present and when it went away temporarily (if it did)...Time of day, time spent browsing, device, location, mobile or home connection, browser etc..? Make any changes when it went away temporarily?

I started this thread on Jul 17, 2022, this is when it started last year. It went away on Jul 18, 2022, then came back Jul 20, 2022. It went away on Jul 21, 2022, and has not come back until this year on Jun 21, 2023, and has not gone away to this date. I login into this site every morning, so tracking this is no problem.

I fixed my cookie problem. I went to settings and clicked on reset settings. Still don't know what the problem was but this fixed it. Had to re-enter all my usernames and passwords but this didn't take long. I'm just glad its fixed.

Hope this helps someone having this same problem!

I fixed my cookie problem. I went to settings and clicked on reset settings. Still don't know what the problem was but this fixed it. Had to re-enter all my usernames and passwords but this didn't take long. I'm just glad its fixed.

Hope this helps someone having this same problem!
Awesome and thank you for sharing this @gce (y) To further help others, can you specify what settings...Your browser settings and or Windows settings? Also, if possible, can you post a screenshot of where you clicked on "reset settings".

Sounds like you cleared your browser data (history, cookies, cache etc) and that allowed the updated/fixed version to appear...

Click on the Edge browser 3 dots upper right pulldown. Click on 'Settings". On the lefthand side you'll see "Reset settings"...Thats it.

I tried clearing (history, cookies, cache etc) before doing this but that didn't help.

Whats funny is whatever was set wrong/different didn't affect any other forum or web site, just this one.

Click on the Edge browser 3 dots upper right pulldown. Click on 'Settings". On the lefthand side you'll see "Reset settings"...Thats it.

I tried clearing (history, cookies, cache etc) before doing this but that didn't help.

Whats funny is whatever was set wrong/different didn't affect any other forum or web site, just this one.
Good to know, thanks!

Now it's back 😞
Have you tried what worked for Gce...Reseting your browser settings?

I just got my new laptop (HP Windows 11) and guess what, the banner is back. I want to look at my old laptop and my new one to see if I can find the setting that does this. Any tips on where to look Antoine? I'd rather fix the problem and not have to do the reset.

I just got my new laptop (HP Windows 11) and guess what, the banner is back. I want to look at my old laptop and my new one to see if I can find the setting that does this. Any tips on where to look Antoine? I'd rather fix the problem and not have to do the reset.
Really…Back but on a new system, weird…Hmm…

What worked for you is still the best method we have at the moment...Are you using the same browser on the new system? You posted the procedure that worked for you in detail above…Have you tried that on the new system?

Yes, using the same browser (edge). I could try the procedure, but I want to try and pinpoint the one setting that is causing the problem by looking at my old laptop (that does not have the problem) and this new one. I'll check back if I find it or have to use my procedure.

I hope this helps,
I am using Google Chrome and having the same persistent pop-up that wont go away. I found a 'fix' to this issue by going to:
Settings>Privacy and Security>Site Settings>View permissions and data stored across sites> locate mazdas247.com and expand the options.
Locate Javascript and change Allow to Block.
However, I do lose the ability to edit text and other JS features.

Last edited:
Back