Considering trading in my 2013 GT for a 2014 GT, Good idea or idiotic?

Been there! Traded the '13GT for a '14GT. Same color, same options (don't forget the City Brakes on the'14)....They LOOK identical. But they don't DRIVE identical! Have to use an Interstate everyday, merging and passing is a LOT easier. I spoke with the GM at the Mazda dealership about the diesel. He said right now there are no plans for the diesel CX 5 in America. What they're waiting for is to see how well the Mazda 6 does. He also said the CX 5 is doing so well, that they won't bring it over until sales start to slow (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

I have a 2014 2.5 touring fwd. first off. It's an amazing SUV. I think the xtra hp Is huge. Along with the little extra features ex. Camera ,lane sensor etc. however the 2013 is still a awesome SUV. I really don't think it's worth the hassle for you to make the switch. Before you know it the 2015 will come out them the 2016 and so on and so forth. Them you will always want te new model. Just be happy with the 13. It's a great SUV. Maybe there are engine tweeks you can do for that xtra power. Look into it.

Thanks CX-SV, I forgot about the blind spot monitoring. It's a nice feature to have too. I find the backup camera especially useful in the morning when my windows are all fogged up and it's really hard to see. I do wipe the windows but they fog back up almost instantly.

V8toilet - Regarding the new 2.5L engine versus 2.0L, did you find a significant difference in smoothness/harshness when operating at high revs?

V8toilet - Regarding the new 2.5L engine versus 2.0L, did you find a significant difference in smoothness/harshness when operating at high revs?

Not really that I can remember, the 2.0 just seemed louder than the 2.5. I think the 2.5 may have balance shafts to smooth things down a little just like the old 2.5 did. The non Skyactive 2.5 in my wife's 2012 Mazda 5 is smoother and quieter than my Skyactive 2.5 in my CX5 is. My wife's 5 is also slightly quieter than my CX5 on the highway. Now that I think of it the 5 rides better, handles better, and almost gets as good gas mileage too; its a pretty good little car.

Not really that I can remember, the 2.0 just seemed louder than the 2.5. I think the 2.5 may have balance shafts to smooth things down a little just like the old 2.5 did. The non Skyactive 2.5 in my wife's 2012 Mazda 5 is smoother and quieter than my Skyactive 2.5 in my CX5 is. My wife's 5 is also slightly quieter than my CX5 on the highway. Now that I think of it the 5 rides better, handles better, and almost gets as good gas mileage too; its a pretty good little car.

Thanks for the feedback on engines. Both Skyactiv engines have long strokes (versus bore) which means they are not especially free revving. Typically balance shafts on large displacement 4 bangers are tuned to smooth out mid-range the most.

Latest posts

Back