Compare CX3 with CX5

I am happy with my new CX-5 GT as well. As a long time audiophile I was actually expecting much less from the Bose sound system and have been pleasantly surprised. I was annoyed by the center heavy balance at first but found that a minor tweak to the left with the balance and a bit to the rear with the fader takes care of it. Might not be as good for the passenger then but most of the time I am driving alone. Seat warmers warm the seats. Its for warming you up a bit before the heater starts working, not for physical therapy. I am playing 320kbps AAC files made from my Flac files and they sound pretty darned good. Pandora from the cell phone really isn't bad either. XM is so so.

I just bought my CX-5 after wanting the CX-3. It is to replace a lease-end Mini Countryman All4, so the AWD was top most priority for the car. I like the more modern feel of the CX-3, since it is a new car. The CX-5 was only slightly updated, so it waasn't really redesigned for 2016 model....just updated from older years.
As for storage, yeah, the CX-3 is a penny racer. The CX-5 is an SUV! You have more leg room, and hella big cargo area. The CX-5 also has a shorter front end than the CX-3 (which is one stupid reason my wife immediately said NO to the CX-3, even though the CX-5 was on the bottom of her list due to the overall size. HA. *sigh* )
As for handling, without taking both out again, obviously the CX-3 will be peppier and lighter feel. it's a hatchback!!! The CX-5 is a much larger car. I did like both, that is for sure. I do miss my turbo though :( The engines don't sound as nice as the Mini did.
Most options are the same really. Speakers are speakers. I LOOOVE LOVE LOVE the Bose sound. I've never bought a car with upgraded sound, so I'm HAPPY I got it. I listen to mostly all EDM, so i can tell, while there might not be a sub in the CX-5, it's freaking amazing compared to my Fit or the Mini. So, take that as you will.
I do not like the fact that the CX-5 has no digital Speedo. The CX-3 had one, AND it has the pop-up display thing, which was really neat. Again, the CX-3 was newly designed for this year, so there are more modern looks/features.

My wife is considering a CX3 to replace her MINI Clubman. Yesterday she was wondering if the seat warmers are as anemic as the ones in our CX5.
Anyone have any experience in that?

My wife is considering a CX3 to replace her MINI Clubman. Yesterday she was wondering if the seat warmers are as anemic as the ones in our CX5.
Anyone have any experience in that?

The heated seats in the CX-3 embarrass the CX-5. I had a 2013 CX-5. I didn't mind the seats on it as I tend to not use them as much as other might, but my wife always complained that they don't heat up as well as other vehicles we've owned. No complaints with the CX-3. In fact, she actually turns them down after a while. That NEVER happened on the CX-5.

I would rather get a CX3 than a 3 but if you want a true SUV/CUV then the CX5 is the choice due to the larger space.

Sometimes I wish I had MORE space in my CX5 but that would put me into a CX9 which is a little too big for my tastes.

Back