Common Problems

ms6_nate

:
04 mazdaspeed 3
Hey guys, new on this forum.... prior member of e46_fanatics.com but I have since sold my 2000 BMW 323i and am looking at a 2007 MazdaSpeed 6 GT. Just wondering if anyone could give me a head up on common problems I should beware of and have looked at prior to purchase. Its a 2007 6 Speed, 72000km and in excellent shape as far as I can see. Anyways ill be reading on here a bit before purchase, I have already noticed a few ppl with "where's the turbo" threads, and have taken it for a short drive and looked under the hood.... the turbo exists lol, so no issues there. Tomorrow I should have the car for a night or two, aple time to get on my buddies lift and check her out good.... any help is appreciated thanks.
Nate

Some people have trouble with the turbo smoking. When I had my down pipe mine smoked. Put the stock catted one back in and it's fine.
Front rear diff mount and bolts was replaced by Mazda last week because the mount sheared off the bolts.
That's about it for me

Some people have trouble with the turbo smoking. When I had my down pipe mine smoked. Put the stock catted one back in and it's fine.
Front rear diff mount and bolts was replaced by Mazda last week because the mount sheared off the bolts.
That's about it for me

THX... test drove it today, doesnt seem to have any issues, hauls pretty good. gonna look into it tomrrow more.

Nate. The car is an awesome car. Just letting you know the issues that I've had. If you have a chance to get one do it. I love my car

Nate. The car is an awesome car. Just letting you know the issues that I've had. If you have a chance to get one do it. I love my car

I bought the car yesterday and love it!! Ordered Tein s-tech, center console gauge pod, and corksport stage 2 TI and SRI [back ordered until may 15 :( ] also tonight i did the horrible long antenna delete and the throttle body ground fix.

Good to see more of these popping up in the maritimes!

I've suffered just about all of the "common problems" from the sheared rear diff mount, right up to the blown motor haha

I've had mine since December 2006, purchased new.

Really the only "common problem" my car has suffered is the smoking turbo and power loss. Power loss of course was a recall, resolved 5 years ago. Doubt anybody here knows what I'm talking about.

But it's been a good car. It's been modded most of its life and taken quite a bit of enthusiastic driving.

Good to see more of these popping up in the maritimes!

I've suffered just about all of the "common problems" from the sheared rear diff mount, right up to the blown motor haha

Yea! I actually worked in Charlottetown last summer lol. Where abouts u from?

Back