Color Selections

Debbadoo12

:
2014 Mazda3s GT Hatch, 1999 Miata 10th Anniv Ed
I have seen the Soul Red in person and obviously it is beautiful, but I fear because it is promoted so heavily, it is going to become the color of choice and you'll see more of those than anything. Has anyone seen the other colors in person at the dealerships, and what are your thoughts? In particular, I'm interested in the blues but have only seen pics on line. Thanks

From polls on other forums, the Deep Crystal Blue seems to be the most popular with the White and Red coming in almost tied for second.

I figured I'd go ahead and make a poll for this forum. :)

Last edited:
I initially wanted the Titanium, but after a hassle and a half, 27 days waiting only to be told it wasn't the right car (sedan not hatch) I went with the Red (and a different dealer). I'm glad I did.

The Titanium looks interesting. Not sure I get the dark blue being so popular though. My favorite (obviously) is the red, but the white is a pretty interesting color as well.

I don't figure the red and white taking over the world as they cost extra over the other colors. Out of those I'd have to go with the Titanium or the black.

Red is definitely a very nice color in person, the color pops! However, I don't want a red car haha I saw the dark blue in person at the dealer and looks great too, especially walking around seeing it bling at different angles. I chose white because I want the whitest car possible o_O Actually I wanted a car that reflects the most heat as possible :D I had a black car previously and it was too hot during the summer and too hard to keep clean so I told myself I would never get a dark colored car. Now I love getting into the car even after sitting under the hot sun all day, it doesn't get too hot inside :D So yeah, that was the major decision for my color choice.

I love, love, love my black 3iT!

11078046045_19a180143e_b.jpg

11078142096_b61d942dc6_b.jpg

I've seen all of them and my choice is being driven by choices with the Almond Interior. I think the Titanium looks the best with the Almond and more of a unique color.

Thoughts on the Blue Reflex Mica? Hard to tell true color on-line.

There are lots of reasons to choose a color that works best for you... Climate, upkeep, visibility, and personal appeal.

Here is my list, and I would love others opinions as well...(fight)

Pearl White... Extra $, Keeps car cooler, easy to keep clean, very visible to other drivers, but the lines and curves of the car get hidden in white...

Black...Warm in the winter HOT in the Summer, HARD to keep clean, hard to keep looking nice after a wash, not as visible, shows off the lines good.

Soul Red... Extra $, Temperature neutral, HARD to keep clean, very visible to other drivers, and shows off the curves very well.

Liquid Silver...Almost as cool as white, easy to keep clean, NOT Visible to other drivers, shows off the curves fairly well.

Blue Reflex...Temperature neutral, somewhat hard to keep clean, visible to other drivers, shows off the curves very well.

Meteor Grey...Temperature neutral, a little more difficult than silver to keep clean, slightly more visible than silver, shows off the curves well.

I can not personally vouch for the crystal blue or the titanium yet...

Last edited:
Also, colors look very different in the sun than inside so make sure to look at the car outside when the sun is shining.

That's actually what sold me on the Soul Red. It looks good whenever you look at it, but when you see that color in the sun, and how it pops, I just didn't know it was physically possible for a red to look THAT GOOD. It completely blew me away.

Soul Red is amazing under the sun.
Other colors might look better under diff settings, but not under the sun.
I usually don't buy red cars, but Soul Red is an exception.

I'm not the type to gush over car aesthetics, but I have to admit this car looks good in pretty much every color. Somehow it even looks classy in white, and I usually think white makes cars look like rentals (I say this as the owner of a white Corolla :).)

Assuming I finally bite the bullet on the 3, I'll probably go for the Blue Reflex Mica, but I think my second choice would be silver. (Living in a place with lots of sun, I wouldn't go with a dark color.) Even though people say white shows dirt less than black, my white Corolla always seems to show lots of dirt.

As for red - I know what you mean about it being in all the Mazda ads. It looks nice, but to me it almost seems like overkill on a sporty car. If I somehow end up buying a Prius or XB, I might want *those* in red because it perks up the dowdiness of the car. But if I (hopefully) get the 3, I'll want something more low key. But that's just my personal thinking. Your mileage may vary...

^^ Where as I just bought the liquid silver and I love it. It's different than other silvers, and almost has the look of highly polished bare metal. Was going to get what but EVERYBODY is buying white these days. (Drove past a Toyota dealership and every single car on display was white!)

Just had the tint installed on the windows today, and am in the process of getting new wheels. Best looking (and probably) driving car for the money without a doubt.

My take on the color options available from Mazda
-----
Originally wanted the deep crystal blue mica but couldn't get it. Had the option between the Meteor Grey or Battlestar Galactica Silver as a dealer swap or the Jet Black Mica. Got the Jet black, when either of the other 2 would of been a much better color. The Jet black is okay, but nothing special.

While the Soul red is so heavily marketed its one i originally refused to even think of getting because the potential for higher insurance prices. Nonetheless, that red is brilliant.

I'm a fan of the look of the reflex blue, but it hasn't aged well on the genpu in our fam. The white is also very nice, but seems to mute out the few chrome accents on the car.

I've heard from a friend at the dealer that there is a chance the Titanium Flash won't be making a return for the 2015 model year. Although I do really like this color in most lights.

Not sure if it's the same exact reflex blue it's not aged too well, it hasn't majorly chipped or anything, just not a very brilliant looking color. Click on my sig pic, it's in the very last pic.

I love white. I wanted a white car but nothing was available. :-( As a matter of fact, only one Mazda 3s GT was available in my area. If I wanted one on a dealer close to home I had to wait several weeks, probably a month.

White is usually more expensive too, don't know why. And it's great if you want a "cooler" car in summer.

Having said that ... bought the only one available, black. Not my favorite color but I'm willing to compromise. Like someone said, black can be really hot during summer but I tinted already; windows tints and the moon roof, should help on that regard. The nice thing about black is when it's clean the car looks very elegant and classy.

Back