Code P0500????

alexB

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Ok here is the deal. I just installed my unichip and ghl exhaust and went 4 days with high bosst and map b on periodically without throwing a code. I never had them on for more than 10 minutes at a time if that even matters. I went to race a friend with the high boost on and hit what I think was fuel cut in 3rd gear. Now it was about 30 degrees colder out that night than it normally was. About 45 degrees. About 30 minutes later after the bucking a check engine light came on. I unplugged the battery and it was gone.About 30 mi nutes later I gave it some gas with stock boost and map A on and there it was again. Code P0500. What could be causi ng this? It is a speed sensor malfunction code. I have an OBII code reader that I have used to clear it 3 times. Is my speed sensor broke? What should I do?

P0500 indicate problem with your VSS (vechicle speed sensor). Basically is your instrument cluster or PCM lost signal from the VSS.
First, verify your VSS sensor located around the transmission housing is working. Then verify if you got signal at your PCM pin #58. The wire might be lose when you install your unichip.

Back