cob ap help

KevincMS3

:
Mazdspeed3 white 2008
(uhm) i need help ive currently put on a fmic ,sri,catless dp and staight pipe with stock muffler im not sure what map to use on the ap as soon as it gets in i havent done to munch research,id figured id ask .(hand)

All those mods, no tune yet, still on marginal stock high pressure fuel pump, getting ready to load some AP map and "I haven't done much research." Sounds like a recipe for zoom, zoom, boom.

My humble suggestion is that you get those fuel pump internals installed ASAP, that you take it easy and stay out of heavy WOT boost until then, and even then run the car on AP's stock map until you fix that driver mod, the one that says "I haven't done much research." Read, read, read, and after reading, read some more and then ask questions.

You might want to wander over to the mazdaspeed forum dot org website, get a very thick skin, do a lot of reading, expecially of the "sticky's" over there and then ask for help. Everyone has to start somewhere, but throwing a tuning map on your car right now would probably not be a good idea.

I think everyone here knows I chose a more modest tuning route (Hypertech) and am happy with it and my mods. But I hope the AP users will chime in here and save this poor soul from his own self-destruction.

Like stated above... GET FUEL PUMP INTERNALS!! Especially with that downpipe. Like MSMS3 said, you need to read read read and educate yourself as much as you can. If you're not careful, you could end up in disaster on your hands. All I'm using is OTS maps from Cobb's website, they're outlined on which basic mods you have installed. Research is your best friend until you know what you're doing. Your best bet at this point might be to run in "Safe Mode" until you know what you're doing.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPORT-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm#/v/accessport/maps/mazda/mazdaspeed3/MS3-Map-Grid

less parts buying, more research.
Unless you have no problem dropping coin on a new motor.....which would probably result in you blaming the car for being crappy rather than admitting you don't know what you're doing.

been through the learning curves of tuning, started with a hypertech (was happy with it until i outgrew it) then moved onto a Cobb AP. the Cobb AP has endless capabilities but requires a lot of education like everyone else has stated. but seriously get yourself some upgraded fuel pump internals!! should be the first mod a speed 3 owner should buy. i ran with the OTS maps for a little while but just wasnt happy with my data logs i always felt like some numbers were a little off and i wasnt content with that so i ended up getting a custom E-tune. every car performs different, one engine may be happier than another with all the same mods. monitor your car, understand the numbers, look for the weak points make the changes and support your car. everyone is quick to jump on the upgrades that make the most difference for the person standing on the sidewalk when you drive by...lol. but its always the changes that only your car and you notice that are most important.

thanks for all the feed back sorry it took so long to respond i have installed a safe mod and i try my best not to drive hard.hp-cdfp is next on my list .thanks again for the feed back and i will still read read read

Back