Clutch shudder?

demio11

:
Mazda 2 GX
My 2 seems to be getting clutch shudder. I have had previous cars that shudder when cold, but the 2 seems to only do it after i have been driving for awhile. Ill pull away from my house, and for the first 10-20 minutes, there is no shudder at all. After that time though, it seems to get worse and worse until the car sits awhile, and then it engages properly again. Im not the smoothest shifter with the 2, first to second is a little rough and ive stalled a few times, but ive never burnt the clutch. The car only has about 10000 kilometres on it, so im not sure what the problem would be, or if Mazda would even cover the costs for a new clutch. I was wondering if anyone else has had any shuddering, and what the problem could possibly be.

Mine shudders when you are releasing the clutch in reverse, but not in any of the forward gears...I've always wondered if that was normal. No other vehicle has done anything like it.

yes its normal, always happens to me, basically at that point you almost out of the clutch range to move the car, should be using the gas pedal, same things happens if you get on the biting point in 1st gear, as you go above it, it will shudder and then stall if you keep going, i keep thinking its basically munching the clutch when you get that far up while reversing lol so i try not to make it do that

Most Mazdas I've owned had clutch chatter. I usually just rev above the chattering RPMs and shift from there.

Back