Clean engine bay

I've never covered anything when I clean either. 50% Armor All and 50% water works really well after it's clean.

Britt

thanks for the tips everybody...iirc, emt posted a pic of what he covered before watering the engine, but seems like enough ppl have gotten away w/ not covering anything for it to be a problem

I always use soap and water. The simple green and similar products are too harsh on the paint and leave spots on my hardpipes/CAI. I don't cover anything. Never wash it when its hot. After drying it with a large towel, I wipe the hoses with WD40 sprayed on a rag. Mother's Aluminum polish goes on the hardpipes and CAI, if needed. A clean engine runs cooler!

thanks guys for all you complements :)
i didnt even see them untill now :D

i used CD-2 Engine Detailer. i got it from autozone for $4.99.
after washing off the degreaser, i let the car run for 15 min.
then spray all the plastic pieces with this stuff.

goku4658 said:
thanks for the tips everybody...iirc, emt posted a pic of what he covered before watering the engine, but seems like enough ppl have gotten away w/ not covering anything for it to be a problem

do a search and i am sure you will see i always have trouble when i wash my engine.......CEL's baby!!!!!

just keep the top of the engine/coils from getting really wet; relay area, too!!!!

-R

Protege52003 said:
do a search and i am sure you will see i always have trouble when i wash my engine.......CEL's baby!!!!!

just keep the top of the engine/coils from getting really wet; relay area, too!!!!

-R
weird, our engines and electronics are sealed.
water is not supposed to hurt them.
u must have something not seted properly, or exposed.

DAWIV said:
I always use soap and water. The simple green and similar products are too harsh on the paint and leave spots on my hardpipes/CAI. I don't cover anything. Never wash it when its hot. After drying it with a large towel, I wipe the hoses with WD40 sprayed on a rag. Mother's Aluminum polish goes on the hardpipes and CAI, if needed. A clean engine runs cooler!

we need a carwash thread so i can find all these tips later!

Back