clanking question.

uncletime

:
2007 MS3 GT Black Mica
ok guys i need your help. My shocks and struts needed replacing so i brought my car to my mechanic and he replaced the shocks, struts and all 4 sawy bar end links. there is still a clanking when you hit a bump. my mechanic called mazda and the service tech told him that it could either be a motor mount or the "half shaft axle"..

my question is.... how can i figure out which it is if any? and if its the "haft shaft axle" how freakin bad is the repair?

i have just spent a good deal of money updating the suspension and i nearly running out. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Tim

what suspension are you running first off??

Where are you hearing the clanking from? if you hear it by the fire wall chances are it's the bushing that your RMM arm off the motor chances are...if it's your suspension, did your "mechanic" check the strut bushings? before he replaced them? they have been known to wear to an oval causing play which in turns is a clanking.

Last edited:
im running a stock suspension. all OEM parts. the sounds seems to be coming from right below the floor. its make me think its the sway bar bushings because i have the same noise in the rear. all the strut mounts and bushings were replaced as were the shocks mounts.

i watched that video and it seems to be the same sound.

Back