Civic SI

Fede_italiano

Contributor
:
2003.5 Mazda Protege' MazdaSpeed
Last night I saw the new civic si.
He was driving like a maniac and it was trying to show off to a subaru STI.
They were going left and right in the middle of traffic and I was just an innocent spectator.

I do not see the SI on the honda website but I am sure it was an SI.

It looks nice but I do not like the rims or size.
Nice engine on the other end.

I havn't seen any SI's on the road yet, but I've seen some normal coupes and they are very hot. I would probably take one over a 3.

civic-wheel.jpg

Something about these wheels looking like oversized flower petals doesn't do it for me

if thats what you saw, i agree with you, not a good looking wheel for that body. but the Si has been on sale since december, and they are selling like hotcakes at our local dealer.

saw a few on the road down here... looks ok. but i think the interior looks like ass though.

anarchistchiken said:
I havn't seen any SI's on the road yet, but I've seen some normal coupes and they are very hot. I would probably take one over a 3.

same up here in New England. at least the Si's have 17's stock rather then the 15's!

wait until you actually sit in one before making an opinion. I don't hate the looks of the new coupes. I actually like them. The front end is WAYYYY To short and sloped. But when you sit in one is what decided I wasn't getting one. Way too small. The SI is fun to drive, sounds nice, looks good with ground effects and 18's on it, but the stock 17's and without any ground effects is plain plain plain. Looks just like a normal coupe.

And the shifter is a hate it or love type of thing.

the new si is alot smaller than they looked in the pictures. I saw one at a local meet, and was surprized I saw it. It didn't have the factory lips or anything. It looked alright. But with some nice wheels and drop it would look tight.

I hate the look of them, inside and out, but they've got like 200HP or something like that, so I'll jsut take my slow ass car and shut the **** up...

meGrimlock said:
civic-wheel.jpg

Something about these wheels looking like oversized flower petals doesn't do it for me

if thats what you saw, i agree with you, not a good looking wheel for that body. but the Si has been on sale since december, and they are selling like hotcakes at our local dealer.
It was an SI and that was the rim in question.
It was a short guy with an hat and he was trying to show off to a modified 05 STI. Crazy.

I liked the concept, but am not a fan of the production version. Wheels suck. Steering wheel sucks. Body just doesn't flow right for me. Blech...

Haven't seen any on the road yet. I don't like the look of the regular coupe, looks too high and bulky. And that digital speedo would definitely take some getting used to, I prefer the sweeping motion of analog. Even though I don't like the lines of some of the new cars, at least they have a lot of hp...

I'd like to try driving one, cuz i hear they handle well, and i wanna compare to the MSP...

But i'm not a fan of the looks, especially the backend and the inside.

Back