Chrome

Why would you want to chrome things? How about powdercoat?

i dont know much about powder coating --
I have a couple items i was thinking of chroming because i got a chrome valve cover and it looks all alone with nothing else done ---

just want to even it out abit --

HorsepowerFreak said:
Why would you want to chrome things? How about powdercoat?
Beacuse Bling is Cool!
I can get things Chromed for you...PM with your interests if you like.

thanks -- i know you can but i was hoping to find somthing local -- if not then I'll hit you up (bling)
ForceFed said:
Beacuse Bling is Cool!
I can get things Chromed for you...PM with your interests if you like.

bonesmp5 said:
thanks -- i know you can but i was hoping to find somthing local -- if not then I'll hit you up (bling)
(ohsnap!) I forgot...your the one that got the Valve cover I had done for Vivid huh?

yes --I am :)

seems to still be in good condition -- there are a couple of spots that dont seem to be a shiny anymore -- but not that noticable yet.

Well PM me with what you want to have chromed...I bet you want some things that I already have extras of (wink) I could still have them done and ship them to you.Nows a good time too...Slow time of the year.

bonesmp5 said:
i dont know much about powder coating --
I have a couple items i was thinking of chroming because i got a chrome valve cover and it looks all alone with nothing else done ---

just want to even it out abit --

Powdercoating will probably hold up better I would imagine. It's a much different process than chroming. They spray a powder on to the part and bake it which hardens it. Chroming also requires more maintenance.

I had a bunch of stuff coated recently by a place in Vancouver.

HorsepowerFreak said:
Powdercoating will probably hold up better I would imagine. It's a much different process than chroming. They spray a powder on to the part and bake it which hardens it. Chroming also requires more maintenance.

I had a bunch of stuff coated recently by a place in Vancouver.
This is fine but he already has some chrome stuff so the powdercoat would not acheive his goal.
And as far as durability...Chrome is a hard finish that resist a lot of substances and requires almost NO maintenance other than normal cleaning...Just as much as the powdercoating.
The powder coating is resistant to more chemical though and is an excellent choice for some depending on their goals and applications.
I Have things both chromed and powdercoated for people...It depends on what they are looking for. My platers and coaters do an Excellent job.
:)

Tell that to the chrome that peeled off my expensive wheels a few years back. :)

And by maintenance that's exactly what I mean. Dirty powdercoat doesn't look bad, it doesn't have to be spotless to look good. As where you really need to clean a chrome surface to make it look good. Like a dirty gray car verses a dirty black car. Which is more apparent?

I found the chrome that fell off your wheels ----

they said they were sorry, But you were driving to fast -- hahaha

Back