Chrome FD's...Opinions Wanted

bhosMSPRO

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
my friend Sean22306 (i think thats his name on here) has a set of chrome FD's for sale.. I decided to put them on to see how they looked on Sunlight Silver... here are some pics, give opinions on them, whether good or bad.. I love the offset/fitment of the wheels but going from black to chrome is something i have to get used to

PS: Yes, I know my car needs lowered ASAP lol ... these were taken with a 6MP digi cam and no editing was done BTW.. not good enough photos for editing.. the thumbnail shot was taken by Sean on his cell phone on the way to the local mazda meet

P1080896.jpg

P1080897.jpg

P1080904.jpg

Attachments

• rolling1.jpg
    rolling1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 120
I still think the FD's are far too small for the SPeed.

But for what its worth they look ok on the SIlver.

Definately Factory'ish.

I don't personally like them. I don't like to see alot of sidewall but thats me.

now, I think its hot, but i'm slightly biased. just need lowering.

i like the opinions with how people are actually being honest with this..most forums just tell you that they like whatever just to not get any s*** started.. i am open to everything and want to know what people think.. with these wheels and being chrome, its a love or hate thing for the most part i think

sean has the FDs on his car as well.. its lowered, ill try to find a pic of his to show you how they look with a drop.. you can kinda tell from the first pic but ill try and find a better one(granted his car is orange and his FDs are black, but its still a general idea)

yea you need to drop the car i have a set in my garage that i want to put on i just need to get some new tires for them. Your gonna need some spacers for them tho.

I don't personally like them. I don't like to see alot of sidewall but thats me.

-the black MSP is lowered on 15's with a little thicker sidewall than what the FDs have.. i think it pulls it off nicely

-the pic of the orange MSP is the only decent one i could find.. maybe he will chime in when he sees it and post up a few more pics

-as i said, im still half and half on these wheels.. the fitment looks great but im still trying to adapt to the chrome.. is that the reason most people dont like them or is it the fact theyre only 16's?

Attachments

• nicks msp.jpg
    nicks msp.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 101
  • seans msp.jpg
    seans msp.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 129
yea you need to drop the car i have a set in my garage that i want to put on i just need to get some new tires for them. Your gonna need some spacers for them tho.

double post FTL! lol .. i am running 5mm spacers right now actually on the front and rear.. I think my buddy is running 3mm on the rear and 5mm on the front or vice versa, or 3mm on each, not really too sure

btw i have a question did your rims fit all the way on the hub? i test fitted my rears and they wouldnt go all the way on the hub.

yes i know lol... i had my stock RH's painted black.. i am just trying to do something different from everyone else so i just wanted to see how these would look and get some feedback from people... as stated, i am still up in the air on the chrome, if i do keep them, they may get powdercoated to something else

btw i have a question did your rims fit all the way on the hub? i test fitted my rears and they wouldnt go all the way on the hub.

the rims did fit all the way.. im running the 5mm spacers but everything is touching like normal, spacers, wheels, etc

yea for some reason my hub bore on my fd's are different xeleder (sp) had the same problem if i remeber correctly

hmmm.. both sets of FDs that my buddy had worked on his car no problem and these bolted right up to mine.. thats pretty odd

the spacers are only required on the back because it wont fit down flush onto the hub. spacers are required on the front because of interference with the strut.

^^ thanks for the input.. i knew the front required them, i thought the back was for the same reason but wasnt 100% sure

Back