check engine light!!

nalspeed

Contributor
:
mazda protege 5 silver
by not changing your spark plugs can that make your check your engine light go on? I already have 80,000 miles on my car and i have not change my spark plugs yet, i did however change oil filter on a regular basis, coolant flush, fuel injector, and now i was just diriving in the freeway then my check engine light goes on wtf? any ideas what else to change or what maintanaince i need to do. I heard you can just go to an autozone and they can tell me what the check engine light is for is that true anyways any input would help

the ecu when are you suppose to reset that by the way? hopefully that works because I really maintain my car and this is really the first problem i have stupid engine light

so i can just go to napa/advanced auto and tell them my check engine light is on and they can tell me what the problem is ?

Rogue Pro5 said:
goto NAPA or Advanced Auto and have them pull the code.

yeah, they'll hook up an OBD-II reading to it. the port is under the steering wheel on the left side.

you won't know til u go get it checked. U prolly wanna find the problem, expecially if it's a small 1 that'll get bigger if u don't get it fixed

NEVER just reset a check engine light. Get the code pulled then find out what it is for. Also, just because it could say a bad O2 reading or whatnot, it does not mean thats the problem. Something could cause that sensor to go bad and you need that troubleshot.

so when i go to napa just ask them check the engine light and they can help me out? no question ask?

nalspeed said:
so i can just go to napa/advanced auto and tell them my check engine light is on and they can tell me what the problem is ?

to think about it I do remember my brother telling me the oil gasket is leaking that could be the culprit he said it has a minor leak but that was about 3months ago I should of taken care of it, he told me to get a new _oil gasket_ how much do they usually cost and are they easy to replace?

aMaff said:

i went to autozone and did the whole odb sensor the code is -P0126- IT READS" COOLANT TEMPERATURE STABLE INSUFFIENT OPERATION" somewhere along that line anyone knows what I do next? any help before it gets worst thanks

Back