Cheapest route to a nav system?

fair enough, should have read that through
assuming a,b,c,d refer to releases, then i'd agree d was released after c etc

mine is bhp1 66 ez1B, dealer purchased in may 2015
last updated june 21
last checked for updates - sep 11
card is up to date
note - the update was a major one, Q2 version, the card came with Q1 and quite likely was instock from the 2015 models that use the 7" navi screen

http://www.oemautopartz.com/mazda/oe-mazda/bhp166ez1d lists this card
Manufacturer: Mazda Part Number: BHP1-66-EZ1D Part: SD CARD Replaces: BHP1-66-EZ1A, BHP1-66-EZ1B, BHP1-66-EZ1C

so i'd stick with the alpha sequence is simply newer releases or batches
any 'version' card should update through mazda toolbox

Last edited:
Let me know how that goes for you. The problem with GPS in Oregon is that we have a ton of logging roads and I've had that happen many times where it gives me a route that suggests I take some unpaved, narrow and destroyed logging road

I've been driving with Navmii a few days and am impressed with it. The interface is good, clean and uncluttered. Easy to read at a glance. You can use a natural query for an address rather than the usual GPS way. If you enter a POI not in the database it will send out to google to get the address - so if you have zero data and need a POI while in the boonies, I'm not sure how well it work (this doesn't concern me).

Get A Garmin Stand Alone GPS.

I'm kind of pissed with the dealer. I need to go back and look at all my documents because I think I'm getting screwed...

Ya think..!..? (wink) As if any dealership/sales person would try to get more money from you than they already have.

CX5T Lover

While I would prefer a kickass built in GPS with traffic, I think this function may change so quickly that smartphone apps may be the best way to go. I've just started using INRIX, and its traffic reporting is right up to the minute.

I was under the impression the 2016 GT included the nav card, and that there is no tech package anymore. The tech package is now included with the GT trim (LED lights, AFS, Nav, SCBS, etc), with the only additional package being the iActiveSense package.

Or is it different in the U.S.?

I was under the impression the 2016 GT included the nav card, and that there is no tech package anymore. The tech package is now included with the GT trim (LED lights, AFS, Nav, SCBS, etc), with the only additional package being the iActiveSense package.

Or is it different in the U.S.?

The tech package is optional in the U.S.

Phone mount and Here Maps!!! It's free like Google maps but, you can use them offline (no data) AND they list the speed zone and how fast you are going. I have a 14GT with Tech. TomTom sucks!

yup, just a sd card

buy a blank one of same size
go to https://mazda-na.naviextras.com
download the toolbox
update the maps

then copy the updated card to the new one
try it in the maz to make sure it works
then stash it away with your paperwork so you have a back up

Have you actually done this as I've not be able to do a copy for a back up.
Toolbox does not recognise the card.

I've tried copying direct through explorer with the same result.
Car has under 60 miles at the moment.

yes, that's how i did mine
might have placed blank sd card in vehicle first, then done it, been a few months
make sure it gets formatted as fat32 first

so, the nav reader sees it though ?

So I've tried again, but this time I format the card again then inserted it into the satnav, left it in for a couple of minutes screen showing compass? and advisory that I could buy a card.

Removed and inserted into laptop with toolbox running, and managed to restore from a previous back up from the original card.
New card now works well I have the screen etc just not used it yet.

So thanks JB.

good stuff
if i'd known then . . . i would have recorded the precise steps i used

your sequence makes a lot of sense - leave toolbox running after orig card has been backed up or checked for updates (EUR map updates apparently out a day or two ago)
THEN remove card and insert copy card into toolbox
and use restore

good stuff
if i'd known then . . . i would have recorded the precise steps i used

your sequence makes a lot of sense - leave toolbox running after orig card has been backed up or checked for updates (EUR map updates apparently out a day or two ago)
THEN remove card and insert copy card into toolbox
and use restore

Unfortunately I spoke too soon.
When I tried it later no maps where showing, gps cursor was there but nothing else.

The license folder appears to be different to the original, its giving me headache so I've packed it in for a while.
I've emailed Mazda asking them how its done, or if I can do it.

Tried another copy after the 63miles, and success. :)

Also updated with the latest maps from November which took about 5 hours, so I now have a spare unique to my car only.

Back