CF Spiltter

BondoBob

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3 - Blue
I was going to name this thread "I Hate Winter", but I thought staying on topic might be fun.

A couple of weeks ago here in NY, it was some god-awful cold out...zero F or worse. Instead of taking the trusty Tribute, I hopped in the MP3 and went to the store. Pulling into the store parking lot, I touched (truly just touched) the parking lot marker and cracked a piece out of the plastic spiltter. I had been giving thought to replacing it anyway with a carbon fiber copy (with those nifty turnbuckles as seen on the Tripoint Proteges and the racing version of the Dodge Viper).

Now, are these available in the aftermarket? Or how does one make such a thing?

Bob

i have never seen an aftermarket variation of the splitter. maybe convince DGM to make one?

btw - good to see you post again

Steph had one on her car...or maybe Dr Sound..it stuck out a tad bit more than the stock splitter.

BondoBob said:
I was going to name this thread "I Hate Winter", but I thought staying on topic might be fun.

A couple of weeks ago here in NY, it was some god-awful cold out...zero F or worse. Instead of taking the trusty Tribute, I hopped in the MP3 and went to the store. Pulling into the store parking lot, I touched (truly just touched) the parking lot marker and cracked a piece out of the plastic spiltter. I had been giving thought to replacing it anyway with a carbon fiber copy (with those nifty turnbuckles as seen on the Tripoint Proteges and the racing version of the Dodge Viper).

Now, are these available in the aftermarket? Or how does one make such a thing?

Bob

i know buddyclub 2 makes cf windsplitters with those cool turnbuckles you speaketh about. they make some universal fit ones but ive only personally seen the buddyclub 2 splitters for their own bumpers actually on a car. ive seen their universal fit ones in their shop and they are high quality just don't know if they would fit

LinuxRacr said:
Welcome back! I still bet I have more mileage than you! Hahaha!

Linux, I think you've got me on the mileage (57,700), and number of engines!(cryhard)

Back