Cel p2009

After looking I only have one clip there but it looks like there's 3 slots there I know the vtcs would go there but what about the 3rd one? Cruise control?

I'm not too sure, it could be for cruise mine has an empty slot too. I'm assuming the same bracket that's holding the sensors was used on another model somewhere in the parts bin.

I switched back the vac lines to the original paths and sprayed out both male and female sides of the 2 sensors with MAF cleaner just in case there was poop in there.
I also open/closed (or slammed :) ) the rod that controls the butterflies in the manifold a few times in case there was poop in there too.

So far so good, I drove about 10 miles with no CEL.

After looking I only have one clip there but it looks like there's 3 slots there I know the vtcs would go there but what about the 3rd one? Cruise control?
Yours only has a sensor with a white plug, the MP3 proteges did not have VTCS flaps. The bracket for the sensors has provisions for 3 sensors, I relocated my fuel pressure sensor onto that same bracket.

After driving about 35 miles the CEL came back on. I reversed the lines again. Time to figure this out. Anyone else with any input?

Ok So I was reading through this and a simliar thread on DFW mazdas, I have the same problem, Code P2009, and It is giving me a VERY rough idle at times, mainly in the heat. or rather extreme heat being in texas. Anyway, do any of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) look like the proper sensor? I would really rather not take it to the shop or mazda for the part. (especially since VW just charged my friend $290 to fix a hose in his radiator)

Your cheapest bet would be to look at the for sale section. People are always parting out on there and you can pick one up for a few bucks.

Back