CD/Nav unit stuck open

c_rex

:
2008 CX-9 GT AWD (Galaxy Grey)
Anyone have this problem? Went to load a disc and my cd/nav screen stuck in the open position while refusing to take a disc after telling me to wait. I had only one cd loaded and 5 open spaces. It also put itself in Nav mode and won't exit to Audio on the display, nor will it access the one cd I have loaded. (gah)

Yes I have experienced this in my 07'. I can't remember how I got it unstuck. I remember that I tried to force it, but that did not work. I hit every possible botton on the NAV column and even turned the car off and back on. Something I did made it close though.

Last edited:
well I spent some more time pushing buttons and cursing at it. somewhere along the way one of my repeated attempts at disengaging the Nav functions in favor of the CD controls came back. wutevah.

I got this problem long time ago about 2nd month of owning the car, I manage to push it back and everything works fine. I did told the dealership about the issue but because I can not replicate the problem in front of them they don't want to do any investigation on my car.

Today while driving I switch from disc 1 to disc 2, suddenly the system can't read the disc. I got 6 disc on the cd changer none of them can't be read by the system. I tried to unload the disc and the problem start. The screen got stuck and don't want to go back.

I'm not touching it and will bring it to the dealership, while the car still under warranty.

I'm not taking any chance if this is a problem that Mazda should address you should not fix it by yourself. For those who experience the same problem how did the dealership fix it?

Last edited:
Back