Carbon Fiber anyone?

sl0wthe0ry

pfft....MS3?
:
Mazda 3s
after patiently waiting damn near 2 months for delivery and install, the hood is finally on! i'm currently having the front bumper and erebuni grille repainted since it has been 'destroyed' from countless rockchips and scratches of obvious street rash. (scratch)

so here's a few teasers....hopefully everything will be back together by this weekend. still need to have the hood re-aligned by the bodyshop. they'll do that when they put everything back on.

s1izxf.jpg

1j26ag.jpg

(2thumbs)

make sure to wax it regularly and keep it protected.

also i would recommend reading up on proper car washing technique (if you havent already) or that finish on your hood i guarantee will not last. It will become swirled and scratched in no time, and honestly right now, your hood looks really good =)

Great Look.
Ditto what NCZ13 said.

also i would recommend reading up on proper car washing technique (if you havent already) or that finish on your hood i guarantee will not last. It will become swirled and scratched in no time, and honestly right now, your hood looks really good =)

i just got the VIS hood the other day am patiently waiting for the rain to stop to put it on... i only had to wait 6 days for mine after payment (ebay ftw!!)

after i see it on there i think a new carbon fiber cowl would do wonders for the look.

very nice! only makes me more certain i'd like to purchase one. is it a ViS brand and do you plan on using hood pins?
Yeah, it is the VIS. I doubt i'll be using any hoodpins.

you had a bodyshop put your hood on? its just 4 bolts lol

how much did they charge?
Yeah i had the bodyshop put it on since they're fixing/repainting the front end anyway. They actually had to create mounts for the erebuni grille, drill out a lil bit for the hood prop to work, sand down a lil for the washers to fit, and they put everything from under the factory hood on this one, we're talkin rainguards and all. it looks fantastic!

yeah i'll be handwashing from now on. which is what i usually do anyway, but it's been so hot down here i've been lazy and taking it to the power wash.

i just got the VIS hood the other day am patiently waiting for the rain to stop to put it on... i only had to wait 6 days for mine after payment (ebay ftw!!)

after i see it on there i think a new carbon fiber cowl would do wonders for the look.
werd. i got mine directly from VIS so it took a lil longer but frieght shipping made it easier and i know it wasn't in anyone elses hands before mine.

werd. i got mine directly from VIS so it took a lil longer but frieght shipping made it easier and i know it wasn't in anyone elses hands before mine.

you haven't heard anything about ViS making CF hatches for our car have you? i was contemplating it when i have the money to spend.

that cf hatch thats on the mastergrade website is my homeboys car ... his name is francis ... i believe hes the only person with one so far ... all you 714 so. cali guys should see it around every now and then ... hey slowtheory did you get your spoiler back yet ??

Last edited:
not yet, they're still wrapping it. couple more layers, and some nice clearcoat and i'm good to go. hopefully this weekend. and one day, i will own that hatch. nuff said.

Back