carbon b-pillars???

kudakev615

:
pro5
well im in the process of finishing up the exterior carbpn accents and i was looking for carbon exterior b-pillars. i found these on ebay. i was trying to see if anybody had experience with these before i order them. any helpful comments and input is welcome. i searched and found nothing before posting
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

the pic is catching the fiber at a bad angle and its on a bone stock camry. i can understand if the product was fake cf but i figure as long as its good quality it would look fine. it would be an accent mod. my windows are blacked out so its not like they would stick out. and if these falls under rice for you then im guessing cf eye lids, grills ect are all rice too?

How is this rice? aside from the weight reduction of a CF hood (not even that significant) and the asthetic value, carbon fiber has no functional purpose on a protege-- or 98% of any other street legal vehicles for that matter.

As for the asthetics, aside from a CF hood, adorning your car in carbon fiber pieces is well, rice. You are going to adhere a strip of carbon fiber to your B-pillars? Sure, it may be just an accent piece in your opinion, but think about the indirect message it's sending-- my frame is made out of carbon fiber? Come on, that ranks up there with fake nitrous bottles and ridiculous wings on FWD cars.

CF eyelids, CF grills, etc. are rice unless what its layed over is black as well. A CF grill and CF eyelids on anything but a black car would stick out like a sore thumb.

In your case your CF eyelids flow with your CF hood, so they don't look out of place. The CF B pillars probably wouldn't stick out on your blacked out windows either, but you can't deny the indirect message it's sending.

GreyMan said:
soooo....if someone cf's anything its rice?? common man. You just told 90% of this forum they are rice.

Just like modified interiors, CF can be tastefully done-- for instance kudakev's p5. I said in my first post your car looks clean, don't junk it up. However with CF, a tasteful job is somewhat rare. There's a definite line between tastefully done and too much CF-- I'm just trying to keep him from crossing that line.

I have em. It's just that they're more silver than anything and don't really have a clear coat over them. But other than that I like em. I think this is the only pic I have of em, lol...

100_4417.jpg

A wiser man once said something to the effect that as long as you like it, who cares? So by all means if you like it, get em!

gone_fishin makes some pretty good points though. I do think CF B pillars would break up the nice flow of your tinted windows and trim.

LoL @ Pat's pimp post.

thanks for the pics kronix. after seeing them on the car i have decided to pass on the idea. i think the look im going for could be pulled off but not with these. the fit and finish dont seem up to par for my taste and dont blend as well as i thought. thanks for the help guys

gone_fishin said:
How is this rice? aside from the weight reduction of a CF hood (not even that significant) and the asthetic value, carbon fiber has no functional purpose on a protege-- or 98% of any other street legal vehicles for that matter.

As for the asthetics, aside from a CF hood, adorning your car in carbon fiber pieces is well, rice. You are going to adhere a strip of carbon fiber to your B-pillars? Sure, it may be just an accent piece in your opinion, but think about the indirect message it's sending-- my frame is made out of carbon fiber? Come on, that ranks up there with fake nitrous bottles and ridiculous wings on FWD cars.
have you ever even held a stock protege hood in one hand with a protege carbon fiber hood dangling on the pinky of another? let me assure you. there is an unbelievable difference. and my cf grill is lighter than the stock one. and my cf trunk is A LOT lighter than the stock one (+ taking off the heavy wing). added together that actually reduces quite a few pounds. so whatever. and as far as sticking out...thats why i bought a bright ass blue car. and for the record (sorry for you black mica guys)...i think carbon fiber doesn't look that great on black cars. i think they go perfect with white ones though. perfect contrasting balance. theres a white wrx here in town with cf hood and trunk and it looks so damn good. oh well. i guess im rice. but you can kiss my ass because i feel weird whenever im driving another car ..... im so used to turning heads every single place i go in this one.
hoodpainted.jpg

i dont understand why people care so much about other peoples car. you can add me to the i love carbon fiber list but wait im 18 and own both fast and furious movies i guess my vote doesnt count. or wait a minute we can race and see who wins. then we'll know who burns rice and who burns fuel :)

MP3Architect said:
have you ever even held a stock protege hood in one hand with a protege carbon fiber hood dangling on the pinky of another? let me assure you. there is an unbelievable difference. and my cf grill is lighter than the stock one. and my cf trunk is A LOT lighter than the stock one (+ taking off the heavy wing). added together that actually reduces quite a few pounds. so whatever. and as far as sticking out...thats why i bought a bright ass blue car. and for the record (sorry for you black mica guys)...i think carbon fiber doesn't look that great on black cars. i think they go perfect with white ones though. perfect contrasting balance. theres a white wrx here in town with cf hood and trunk and it looks so damn good. oh well. i guess im rice. but you can kiss my ass because i feel weird whenever im driving another car ..... im so used to turning heads every single place i go in this one.
hoodpainted.jpg

From my earlier post:

"How is this rice? aside from the weight reduction of a CF hood (not even that significant) and the asthetic value, carbon fiber has no functional purpose on a protege-- or 98% of any other street legal vehicles for that matter."

Now, to answer your question mp3architect, yes I am very aware of the difference in weight. It is however, not that significant in the great scheme of things.

And to the last poster who challenged me to a race-- that is the epitome of rice. But just so you're aware, I've got the same power and drive train under my hood as you man, and judging by your sig, more power mods as well-- in addition to being over 300 pounds lighter than the stock msp? Oh, and no CF to be found. But who the hell really cares?

Last edited:
what it all boils down is personal preferrence. some like the look and some dont. lets just leave it at that. the reason for this thread but ive got what ive needed out of it. so if the mods wanna close this thread, thats fine with me

Back