Car studderig hard

brandontt26

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
Ok so I got the ssafc installed it then I got an adjustable fpr attempted to install but the fittings were wrong so I jut put the stock one back on, which I bought less than 2 months ago. I didn't try driving the car until after I tried installing the fpr, now when I hit more than 3 psi boost or try going wot the car studders HARD like fuel cut but way to early. Replaced plugs gapped right, cleaned fuel injectors also note all 4 are working too. My afr gauge says my car is running super rich, it's blinking 10:0 - 10:6 when moving at like 30% throttle which is about as far as I can go before it cuts out, when idling it was sitting at like 10:2 then randomly go to 19-19:7 for about a minute straight then back to 10. You can feel the difference in the idle when it does that too. I'm getting CE CODES p0455 (evap emission system leak- gross leak/no flow) p0900 fuel pressure regulator control circut and p0171 system too lean bank 1 I tried new fuel pump too. I have no idea what is wrong also after installing ssafc my idle vac went from usually 21hg to 16-19hg checked all vac lines and connectors no leak. I also have a small crack on the welded seam on my turbo manifold tried thermosteel it just comes off even after proper cure time.

I also will send $20 PayPal to whoever can help me figure this out foreal.. Bout to have a kid can't deal with this much longer

I tried multiple different Maps no matter what same outcome... I'm going to try and just take the SSAFC out and see what happens

Double check your wiring the the AFC, did you solder the wires? The P0090 is for the FPR solenoid on the IM with the brown plug, it has likely failed. And if your vacuum is that low there has to be a leak somewhere. When you connect to the AFC and check the fuel maps do you write the maps to the ECU and allow it to load the map to the afc? And then verified the map is loaded after? The P0455 could be a leak from the lines for the charcoal canister on the firewall or some of the evap lines on the back of the car near the gas tank.

Back