Car keeps beeping & alarm will not arm

lovswr

:
Mazda 3 I
... when I turn my 06 3i off. It seems like I left a light on or something like that but it is the ignition switch. It just keeps beeping & I can not lock/unlock the doors with the fob. If I pull out the key very sloooooowwwly & make sure the steering wheel is perfectly straight, I can get it to work correctly about 40% of the time.

Does anybody have a fix for this? It is really annoying trying to play with the key every time I turn my car off.

Alarm comes on randomly going off!

Anybody else run into this issue. My brother's car's alarm is acting up. It now goes off when parked, opening the doors hood, and even while driving.

Anyone know where the alarm fuse is so that I can tell him to pull it for now? Actually, will he be able to drive his car with the alarm disarmed (no fuse)? Or does he just need to reset it somehow?

that sounds more like a short than a blown fuse to me. is your brothers car still under warranty?

No, I don't think he has any warranty left. But I figured it would be more than a blown fuse. Could I simply have him pull the alarm fuse just so the thing shuts up or is there more to it. He still needs to be able to drive his car.

that might work. i am just not sure of it's interference with the ignition immobilizer.

Make sure all the doors and trunk are securely closed before trying to alarm the vehicle. Same thing happened with my 6 once, but the passenger door wasn't all the way closed. Once I closed it the problem was fixed.

Back