Canceling Mazda Extended Warranty...

runtohell121

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD Soul Red
I know I think I asked this before.. but how do I cancel the warranty? I've been thinking and it's almost been a year now and I haven't canceled it yet... Can I still cancel and how much money do you think I'll get back if I cancel now? My concern about not having the extended warranty is the future repairs if the Skyactiv technology isn't reliable? Though as of now, I don't see any reports of anyone's engine or transmission breaking down, etc.?

There should be a clause in any contract (warranty is a contract) concerning cancellation. It should spell out the terms. Hopefully it's prorated for you!

I know I think I asked this before.. but how do I cancel the warranty? I've been thinking and it's almost been a year now and I haven't canceled it yet... Can I still cancel and how much money do you think I'll get back if I cancel now? My concern about not having the extended warranty is the future repairs if the Skyactiv technology isn't reliable? Though as of now, I don't see any reports of anyone's engine or transmission breaking down, etc.?

You won't find your answer here. You need to read your contract. Everyone - even with a Mazda warranty - may not have the same terms or version of warranty. Many people who think they have a manufacturer's extended warranty actually have a 3rd party warranty sold by their Mazda dealer.
And since this is only the 3rd model year for a new model, current problems do not necessarily reflect future performance.

What 3rd party warranty is there? I'm actually pretty clueless still lol. All I know was that I received the warranty card or whatever it was from Mazda 2 to 3 months after purchase.
Mazda Total Confidence (84 months/100,000 miles w/ $100 deductible)

Last edited:
What 3rd party warranty is there? I'm actually pretty clueless still lol. All I know was that I received the warranty card or whatever it was from Mazda 2 to 3 months after purchase.
Mazda Total Confidence (84 months/100,000 miles w/ $100 deductible)

as others have said. read your contract. it will spell out exactly how badly you will get reamed and where to put your hands when you bend over (boom02)

Most of the time, as mentioned, you will receive a prorated refund, if you opt to cancel.
Mazda does not offer an extended warranty at all. Any extended warranty you buy from a Mazda dealer is third party, and it varies dealer to dealer, contract to contract. Hell, I'm not even sure if there's a such thing anymore as a "Mazda backed" warranty. I believe that all just falls onto individual dealer discretion.

Hmm.. Okay, guess I will need to go find the contract and go over it... Never knew Mazda doesn't have warranty. Always thought the Total Confidence was under Mazda

Yeah. Well, AFAIK, your dealer can dress it up as nice as they like. They're essentially just selling warranty contracts, like they are automobiles. It's all shyster work.

I cancelled my extended warranty a few months in. Mine was full refund within 60 or 90 days, I can't remember, and pro-rated beyond that based on mileage or time owned beyond expiration of factory warranty (whichever costed them less). There was also a $50 cancellation fee. I was just outside of the free period but didn't really lose any money beyond the $50. Had to request it in writing but the dealer cut me a check on the spot.

False. Extended Confidence warranties are administered through Warrantech.

Keyword is administered. It's still a Mazda offering on Mazda's website. They just partner with Warrantech for the administration of it.

"This is not a contract.
The content of this brochure is limited by its size.
The entire terms and conditions are included in the
Mazda Extended Confidence Vehicle Service Contract.
Administered by:
WARRANTECH AUTOMOTIVE, INC."

runtohell121 - Any success in getting this cancelled?

"This is not a contract.
The content of this brochure is limited by its size.
The entire terms and conditions are included in the
Mazda Extended Confidence Vehicle Service Contract.
Administered by:
WARRANTECH AUTOMOTIVE, INC."

runtohell121 - Any success in getting this cancelled?

Haven't done it yet. Still in the debate of whether to keep the warranty or not, just because this car is fairly new and there haven't been any major reported problems. Hard decisions... Could save me a few bucks a month if I cancel the contract...

Back