Zoom5Zoom

:
Mazda 5 GS 5MT
Here we go

New 5 Speed Automatic
Side Airbag standard both GS & GT
GT LED Taillights
New bumper covers and alloy design
GS front mud guards NO SIDE SILLS (ONLY SIDE SILLS ON GT)
Second Row Fan Speed Control with AC only
Aux input standard
Bluetooth Standard GT
GT NAV available (included 6 disc CD)
ESPRESSO BROWN LEATHER DISCONTINUED YAHHHHHHHHHH

Colors

Stormfront Blue (Like RX8 and CX9)
White Pearl
Sand
Copper Red
Black
Sunlight Silver

Looks great

Love to see the new colours. All I was able to get was the Galaxy Gray. I do like it but I would love to have it in Blue.
From that list all I wish I had was the standard AUX input. 2nd row AC fan? Not critical in Ontario in my opinion. LED taillights? That would be nice actually. Guess I should have waited a few more months.
Ah well.

Last edited:
any idea if the copper red is the same as the copper red mica from the CX7/9?

may have to drop by the dealer and check out that colour, been waiting for a red hue.

Hello All (1st Post )

Cracking forum. All the information posted about the 5 has been helpful and insightful as I've lurked over the past month.

On topic.....Our local Mazda dealership called the missus yesterday to inform her that the 08's won't be in until Mid November (notcool) This is the same guy who told her 3 weeks ago that they would "probably be in in a couple of weeks", so I guess he thinks that we don't have internet!

I was wondering if this mid-November date that he threw out is a likely B.C. delivery date, or whether they will be arriving sooner and he is trying to shift his '07 inventory?

Needless to say Mrs SparkyBhoy was almost taken by his offer to stick black leather in an '07 model for her for $1,900CDN - until I reeled her back in.

Any info appreciated (thumb)

I think US/CDN are hosed on the roof rail issue

Well, at least for 2006 and 2007. Hopefully in the future Mazda will reconsider.

I was wondering if this mid-November date that he threw out is a likely B.C. delivery date, or whether they will be arriving sooner and he is trying to shift his '07 inventory?

It's likely around that time, the build date for them isn't until early October.

Hello All (1st Post )

Cracking forum. All the information posted about the 5 has been helpful and insightful as I've lurked over the past month.

On topic.....Our local Mazda dealership called the missus yesterday to inform her that the 08's won't be in until Mid November (notcool) This is the same guy who told her 3 weeks ago that they would "probably be in in a couple of weeks", so I guess he thinks that we don't have internet!

Needless to say Mrs SparkyBhoy was almost taken by his offer to stick black leather in an '07 model for her for $1,900CDN - until I reeled her back in.

they told me september lol (so i bought the 07), but i doubt theyll make it in mid november if u think of how long it takes to freighter them in and all. then again, i prefer 07 grill over 08 grill, oh and the rims

Anyone know the CDN 2008 price for the GS and the GT? I believe the interior of the 2008 American version will be sold in black or sand colour. Will the sand interior colour also be available in Canada?

Hello All (1st Post )

Production is OCTOBER 2008

I think US/CDN are hosed on the roof rail issue...

My guess is that the wind noise that roof racks generate was deemed unexceptable by Mazda USA. (My experience is that roof racks cause a great amount of wind noise.)

Or maybe they don't care about the wind noise and they are worried that the roof racks would take away from it's sporty look?

Either way, it should at least be an accessory for those that want to compromise noise or style for utility.

Zoom5Zoom, I got my '07 with leather, and I'm confused why you're cheering the discontinuation of the Espresso leather option. If they replace that with black leather like is available in the US, I agree, that will definitely look better, but if they completely eliminate leather from the 5, I don't think that is a good decision.
Personally, I chose the leather seats primarily because my dog sheds so much. It takes a lot of work to get all the hair out of cloth seats, and none with leather. Further, after 6 months, the seats still look great, and haven't worn as much as other leather seats I've seen.

Zoom5Zoom, I got my '07 with leather, and I'm confused why you're cheering the discontinuation of the Espresso leather option. If they replace that with black leather like is available in the US, I agree, that will definitely look better, but if they completely eliminate leather from the 5, I don't think that is a good decision.
Personally, I chose the leather seats primarily because my dog sheds so much. It takes a lot of work to get all the hair out of cloth seats, and none with leather. Further, after 6 months, the seats still look great, and haven't worn as much as other leather seats I've seen.

I was only wishing capacino good bye thats all

mazda 5 interior colours

the 2008 mazda 5 will offer black and tan leather interiors on the high end models, along with electronic stability control, rear seat arm rests, rear seat fan controls for the a/c. I have a friend who is a sales manager for Mazda and he divulged on the changes for the vehicle. More exterior colours are also available but copper red and gold are the only exterior colours for the tan interior. Great changes for this vehicle!

zathura: are you sure about the ESC? I just found the 2008 USA specifications on mazdaUSA press info site and it does not mention ESC. It would be great that we could get it in CDN, but a little skeptical that it also would not be available in the USA.

zathura: are you sure about the ESC? I just found the 2008 USA specifications on mazdaUSA press info site and it does not mention ESC. It would be great that we could get it in CDN, but a little skeptical that it also would not be available in the USA.

NO ESC on CDN models for 2008.. would be nice as you mentioned.

Back