Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?

Just posted a longer, detailed response on the sticky re: price paid, but my short version:

Selling price $26,106.24 for a 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD with Bose/Moonroof package, roof rails, wheel locks, cargo net, cargo cover, in Blue Reflex Mica, plus taxes + fees.

2016 - CX-5 AWD GT MSRP 31,855.00 - Paid 30,997.00 Only 858.00 off, but trade made up for it. Waiting for them to call that splash guards are installed and I will take delivery.

I'm about ready to look for a 2016 CX-5 Touring FWD in Sonic Silver with no extra packages. Has anyone recently bought one similar? Any advice on the price I should be shooting for would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just bought a 2016 Sonic Silver Sport AWD with Mazda connect. They had $25,500 on the window and I paid $23,000 but that included trading in my 2002 forester with a blown head gasket ($2000 repair job). I wouldn't say I got a steal but I needed to unload the forester which was basically worthless once you factored in the blown head gasket.

Originally I had worked a deal for a 2015 as they had rebates. They promised they could get a silver one but failed to do so. They "made good" by basically working a 2016 down to the price of the 2015. I think it was $500 off msrp, $500 loyalty cash and the rest they buried in my trade which they admitted they didn't want and would loose money on. They were probably right about that. In the end I think the 2016 cost me about $1000 more but after spending time in both, it was well worth the money in the radio alone.

You guys are lucky. The CX-5 GT AWD lists at $47,530 AUD ($36,145 USD) in Australia, including on-road costs for my state, but cars are generally more expensive in Australia anyway. For example a BMW M3 lists at $171,846

I negotiated the price of our GT down to $44,500 AUD ($33,829 USD) including tinted windows, mud flaps, sunshades and car mats, so I was quite pleased with that discount.

I'm not sure if the specs of the AU GT are exactly the same as the US version, but I know we get driver's seat memory which you guys don't get, and LEDs are also included as standard. There might be some other minor differences too, but I think overall the CX-5 represents good value compared to other vehicles in its segment.

Not a bad price mate.

3 weeks ago i bought a Diesel GT with safety pack for $46300. Dealer chucked in carpet floor mats, cargo tray and window tint at my choice of darkness as well..... Now ive just got to wait for car to be built and delivered, should be here at the end of April.

Another Aussie here, just ordered my first Mazda ever.

2016 CX-5 Akera 2.5L Petrol AWL, Reflex Blue Mica, dark interior, car mats, roof racks, rear sun shades and tinting for just under AUD$46,500 on the road. Delivery is like early May though it seems ....

Just picked up a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD meteor Grey with tech on I-activsense. MSRP sticker price was $33,355 but the paperwork states MSRP as $35,350, I don't know the difference. Anyhow, we qualified for S-plan pricing, which is invoice, because of my wife's job. Invoice (S-plan) was $32,205. Mazda allows any discounts and rebates in conjunction with S-plan. The dealer was advertising discounts of $2000 but their website didn't say what the discounts were. Come to find out $1500 of it was, $1000 for a Kia Trade in, which we didn't have, and $500 military appreciation. The other $500 was for mazda loyalty, I did drive a 2003 Protege5. They only wanted to give $1500 on my protege5 for trade in and I told them no deal. They basically said they would give us discounts if we, essentially, gave them the Protege5, which was ludicrous. I told them that I was willing to wait until there were deals and discounts that I was eligible for and got up to walk out. At the front door the Manager stop us and asked what it would take to get us to drive away in a car that day and I told him the additional $1500 in discounts that we didn't qualify for. I said I could wait a month and see what deals Mazda offered around Memorial Day. He said he was more concerned with moving units then the final price and agreed to give us the additional $1500 in discounts.

So all told with out TTL we paid $2000 below invoice or $30,205! It was a battle to say the least and the whole process had us at the dealership nearly 6.5 hours! The sales guy keep saying how tough I was and that we really beat them up on the price. The finance guy wasn't much better, took for ever to finally sit down with him and then he handed us a page and said sign on the bottom without even discussing the terms. Turns out he was starting with 5% for 72months. We got it down to 2.29% for 60 months.

All in all we are happy with the car and think we got a good deal.

Just picked up a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD meteor Grey with tech on I-activsense. MSRP sticker price was $33,355 but the paperwork states MSRP as $35,350, I don't know the difference.
$33,355 is Mazda official MSRP listed on window sticker. $35,350 has to be the dealer price with dealer add-ons. Do you have any dealer installed options?

So all told with out TTL we paid $2000 below invoice or $30,205!
That's $3150 below MSRP and it's the best price I've ever seen not considering the trade-in and dealer installed options! Congratulations! 6.5 hours of negotiation? Worth it! (drinks)

I ended up not trading in the P5. I figure I can get more for it selling it out right and then I can hopefully move some of the extras I have for the car like winter tires and rims and what not. If I were trading in I'd pull the racing beat exhaust and subwoofer box and sell those seperate.

2016 meteor grey gt. 28,300. Msrp 30605. Just checked the window tag

Fwd. tech package and a few other things.

Paid $30,230 for a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD in Meteor Grey with Tech, side rails, and bumper guard (MSRP-$32,230 + $2k markup = $34,229) This was in the Tacoma/Seattle area. Also received the $500 loyalty rebate for trading my 2011 Mazda 3.

MSRP $33,210 - Paid $29,890 - OTD $33,000

2016 GT - Titanium Flash Mica / Black Leather

Tech Package
I-Activsense Package

Rear Parking Sensor
Roof Rack, Side Rails
Rear Bumper Guard
Retractable Cargo Cover
Wheel Locks

MSRP $33,210 - Paid $29,890 - OTD $33,000

2016 GT - Titanium Flash Mica / Black Leather

Tech Package
I-Activsense Package

Rear Parking Sensor
Roof Rack, Side Rails
Rear Bumper Guard
Retractable Cargo Cover
Wheel Locks

That's pretty, pretty good! I'd pay that. Around here for me it's OTD $35,50O sans the accessories.
I think I'm going to close on a deal at $34,900 OTD. I'm trying to get the cargo cover thrown in.

I still would want Rear Bumper Guard, Floor Mats, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat.

I have an offer for 2016 touring awd with bose package for $25495 including all incentives I qualified for. Not sure if I should pull trigger...a part of me feels like to put the extra money for the GT to get the heated seats, but that seems to be expensive proposition for this one feature I so desire.

I have an offer for 2016 touring awd with bose package for $25495 including all incentives I qualified for. Not sure if I should pull trigger...a part of me feels like to put the extra money for the GT to get the heated seats, but that seems to be expensive proposition for this one feature I so desire.

That's VERY close to what I paid for my 2015 Touring AWD with Bose/moonroof. I paid $25,400 before TTL, etc. Had a Mazda loyalty discount but nothing else. Kicking myself a little now...maybe I should've waited!

Mazda can add heated seats to your Touring for you. I think when I was looking at a Mazda 3, it would of been like $400 to add them.

We bit at 28900 (vehicle plus destination) on a 2016 CX-5 GT with tech FWD in white.

Back