Cam shafts

obiwan177

I was wondering if the camshafts that corksport sells are good. I've heard somewhere that it's not a good idea to upgrade to those, but I don't know why. I want to go N/A, and those cams seem like a good way to go to get extra power (plus full exhaust system and MP3 ECU).

What are your opinions on these?

its not good to get them if your turbo. if your going with an N/A set up then get them its supposed to help out alot in the top end which we all know the fsde needs all the help it can get in that area

I've got the intake cam coming my way. I'm all N/A. I've got a CAI, 4-2-1 header, light weight crank pulley, MP3 ECU, MP3 IM, MSP catback, and about all of the suspension upgrades possible (w/o coilovers). I hope this helps out a bit more. After the Intake cam goes in and I get the light-weight PS and water pulleys installed, I'm done modding the engine... unless I got something to tune w/. But, even then, I'm not going to adding anything new to the engine.

Ok, so I'll probably go with all the N/A mods I can. Do you know how the idle is with those cams? I know it's rougher but it's going to be my dd.

from what I've read it's not too bad. I'll post my findings after I install it. It def. not as bad as the Twiggy Cams...

Ok, this looks like something I want to go with. My car is so far really good mechanically and I want to keep it that way, that's why I am opting for N/A, plus I don't want or need tons of power. I drove a stock MSP the other day, and that's good enough for me. I'm guessing I could get somewhere near there going the N/A route.

I've got the intake cam coming my way. I'm all N/A. I've got a CAI, 4-2-1 header, light weight crank pulley, MP3 ECU, MP3 IM, MSP catback, and about all of the suspension upgrades possible (w/o coilovers). I hope this helps out a bit more. After the Intake cam goes in and I get the light-weight PS and water pulleys installed, I'm done modding the engine... unless I got something to tune w/. But, even then, I'm not going to adding anything new to the engine.

this type of n/a build your doing, how much has this cost? and what whp are you around?

I don't have a clue what I pull, but the cost, well: 40+140+90+140+140+150+40+10+100 off the top of my head = $850. It's been spread out over the last 8 months or so. I don't know what the car can do on a dyno or how much different it is than stock, but my sister has a stock 2002 2.0L MTX Protege, so, if I could come up w/ a decent way to race that car, then I could know a little better how much this has all helped.

Look in the dyno section and compare what other people have done. With both cams you might see 15 whp at most

Just the cams but that's on a very good day. Id say realisticly probly 10 whp gain from them but it'd probly be even better with a good tune. It really helps in the top end area I saw a chart of them and it was still gaining power at 6k which my mp3 falls flat on its face why mazda has the rev limiter at 7 is beyond me

Back