C/F canards

xoom xoom

:
2002 Classic Red (keyed) Protege5
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that I scored a set of APR C/F canards. For thoose who don't know check out http://www.aprperformance.com/images/pic_canard.jpg

I think these will be a pimp addtion to my MP5 and will post pictuers of the install if I decied to do it my self. Otherwise I will show before and after shots.

p.s. Check out the Formula 3 Carbon Fiber Mirrors they would lot pimp on an MP5 but there only out for the Celicca, Civic, and Integera. :( Any one know some unversial c/f mirrors?

universal? yah, but u gotta custom them to make um fit our car. $$$. u can check www.importfan.com they got a lot of univeral s*** and a lot of jdm stuff, but sadly, none for our car. when u put those on, take pics! i was thinking about those, but idk how theyd look. aiights peace - chris

The best place to put the canards seems to be were the front bumper sidemarker is. I was planing on shaving theses and using 740IL sidemarkers on the fender but not sure as what I want to do.

i got my canards on already! got them from team prototype, universal plastic kind. i put them on kind of to low and didn t shave the reflectors yet , they look bad from the front! post pix ASAP!11

it cost about$50 shipped, way cheaper then getting the C/F canards. i ordered them from TEAMPROTYPE.COM.

Last edited:
I am getting the bumper repainted so I am having mine put on then. I think the c/f and alumiun looks alot better then those but thats just my view.

only 50? whao nice price, but true xoom xoom, cf and alum looks nicer but more money :( - chris

It adds downforce to the front of the car. I am thinking of removing the front bumper sidemarker but since my car is a 2002 I would be with out a front amber running light. I might just have sidemarkers put on or go with the m3 style mirrors. The canards really fit best where that light is so I will keep you updated.

It looks out of place
I dunno, with that money I think you may get something
more practical. i don't think that the protege needs those, because we don't reach the speeds to use them. That's what I think, but anyway, congrat on the mods.

Maybe it will look good when painted:cool:

Back