Buzzing Sound after Remote Start installation

RobertinMD

:
2011 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
I bought a Remote Start kit from Med Center Mazda (mazdaparts.org) (amazing company -- pricewise, plus their customer service is superb!) and had it installed today at a local dealership.

It works...but there is now a very loud buzzing sound that wasn't there before. It happens after I turn the ignition to Accessories (or whatever it is right before Start). It's very pronounced and sounds as if something isn't grounded, but I have no clue as a total layperson in all things auto mechanics or innards, in general.

I will definitely be calling them tomorrow, but ANY IDEAS of what the problem is???

Thanks, all.

Sounds like a bad ground to me.... Is the buzzing coming through the speakers or from the unit itself?

Definitely from speakers since remote unit has nothing to sound.
I have done install remote start 3 times without a problem.
Ground and all wire connections need to be checked.

Sound comes from under the hood or dash...hard to tell. They're going to keep the car for a day to trouble-shoot. Will share the outcome when they get to do that.

Thanks!

Update?

Greetings,

I am experiencing a similar problem. Did you manage to find out what was causing this?

FYI, this buzzing sound is evidently not related to the Remote Start installation -- I just must've not noticed the sound and when I did notice, it was right after the Remote Start was installed. Apparently, just a coincidence. Dealership is still looking into it... They did different tests, including unhooking the Remote Start completely (and the sound continued even then).

Runs perfectly fine, otherwise. More to follow, I suppose. :-o

Back