Browse music on phone

pmill

:
2016 CX-5 GT
I'm trying to figure out how to browse the music on my phone on the navigation screen. Using Bluetooth audio, phone is HTC one m8. Reading the how to, it tells me to go to the root folder, but I can't seem to get to any type of folders on the nav screen. If I open media player on phone, music with play in vehicle and I can pause, skip, etc, but only within that playlist/album.

I'm trying to figure out how to browse the music on my phone on the navigation screen. Using Bluetooth audio, phone is HTC one m8. Reading the how to, it tells me to go to the root folder, but I can't seem to get to any type of folders on the nav screen. If I open media player on phone, music with play in vehicle and I can pause, skip, etc, but only within that playlist/album.

Mine works by selecting "Bluetooth" as source, and then selecting the root menu icon - I believe it is second from the left when scrolling horizontally across the bottom. I typically have my phone plugged into the USB to charge, so I am always selecting "iPod" as source.

I don't see an icon for root menu. I'll try and attach a picture to show what I see
HQZTFO.jpg

Hmm, must be cuz your heating is set at 90F. JK.

Try going back to the home menu. Press the Music button on the controller pad. Select the the two tied notes. Then scroll down to Bluetooth. (mine states Bluetooth - steve's iphone). Then select it, navigate thru "my phone", etc. Then, you'll have a menu along the bottom of the screen, but with more options than in your pic. The 2nd from the left is the root menu, (it looks just like the "select tracks" icon you see for a CD.) Go into that, and then select your album/artist, etc.

Edit- on 2nd thought, you do have the phone paired to the vehicle, correct? You're not just connecting via a USB port here?

Last edited:
Tried selecting home and then music button, but when I select Bluetooth, it just takes me to the screen I posted. My phone is paired via Bluetooth only. I can make phone calls, check email, and listen to Pandora and Amazon music.

I can listen to music albums on my phone, but I have to actually open up the media player on my phone. I can pause, skip and what not via nav screen, but if I want to listen to a different artist, I have to use my phone to do it.

I did connect my phone with usb for first time today, and I did get a bunch of different icons on the bottom, but the nav screen stayed on loading, wouldn't let me select anything

Anyone have any ideas before I find time to take it to the dealership and ask them? I've tried different settings on phone, car, unpaired and paired phone again, nothing seems to make it work.

Back