Brakes I think.

ride0012

ok driving around town yesterday and when I let off the gas or hit the brakes there would be some vibration in the pedal and steering wheel. I could also hear a thumping noise coming from the front. Do yall think its the brakes or something else. Found new rotors and pad for a good price but do I really need them?

If it was the rotors, you'd only hear/feel the thumping when you actually applied the brakes. If you feel it whenever you are coasting, something like a wheel out of balance or maybe a shot tie-rod end seem more likely.

easy answer sinc I am confussed about when you feel it...

when brakes are applied- your rotors most likely, usually overtightiening the lug nuts.

if it happens with brakes not bing applied, could be a wheel out of balance to a wheel bearing going out.

It happens both time when im on the brakes and when i am just coasting. So then it could be both the rotors and maybe a wheel bearing?

you coul they would be the next cheaper thing to do, but I very seriously doubt it would fix your problem... do you here a knocking when driveing or turning one direction...

it's probably not your wheel bearing, usually they make noise when a load is being applied ( foot of the gas)

chances are your wheels are out of balance, when you have them balanced wathc the tech doing it and make sure one of your wheels isnt bent, most place wont tell you if a wheel isnt bent, took me 2 months to figure out one of mine was.

OK will try getting that done asap. If that does not work im going to try changing the brakes out if its not that then ill try the wheel bearing. And if not that then idk.

If you feel the pulsation when the brakes are not being applied, it's very unlikey to be brake related...

Dont really feel it untill the brakes are applied. there is some when im off the gas but dont really feel it till i put the brakes on.

Back