Brakes And Street-crossing Deers....

Mazda3Rookie

:
Titanium Gray 2006 Mazda3 S Touring 5-door Manual
On my way home from work tonight a deer crossed the street about 30 feet ahead of me. I barely had the time to think "Wow! Lucky me, I could have hit it had I been going a little faster" when ANOTHER deer crossed just few feet ahead of my bumper .

I was going around 40mph, with a guardrail on my right and the opposite direction lane on my left, so I could just slam hard on the brakes and pray that the guy behind me wasn't too close.

Well, I missed the deer for what looked like 1/2 inch. I feel I could hug the Mazda engineer who designed brakes and suspensions of my Mazda3 (thumb)

Granted, I wasn't going too fast, but the car just stuck to the road with very little dive and kept its trajectory. I guess the new tires helped too (one month old car).

The braking and handling performances of the M3 impressed me the very first time I drove one, but this experience tonight has made of me a convert for life...

The only comparable car I have driven so far is a rental Alfa Romeo 166 few years ago in Italy, and that's a bigger car.

The M3 is a truly amazing "little" car (bowdown)

nice... always watch deer where there is one 90% of the time there are more... they are like chicks at teh bar... always in packs...

haha... like you would know....
are there bars in maine?... wait, are there chicks too?
next you are going to tell me that all your towns (territories) have names.

oh and good to hear you missed that deer. Those bastards will just jump out of nowhere. Its a good thing you didnt swerve, thats one thing you dont want to do. You may miss the deer but you could spin out of control and go down a cliff or hit a tree or worse. And guess what, your insurance wont cover you. Its better to hit it if you arent going too fast.

Back