Brake fluid recommendations

woot woot

:
Mazda 2
Hi all,
Just want to ask what people are running for brake fluid at the track? i run penrite racing fluid but am getting sick of having to bleed the fluid after each event i do due to it going soft.

Anyone have any recommendations?

I don't know about brake fluid, but this stuff has been great for me:

vtscypb2rrpy67wrkwh9.jpg

A lot of the BMW guys us ATE Type 200 DOT4

Dry Boiling Point: 536F Wet Boiling Point: 389F

It runs about $14 per liter and works great on Bimmers.

Chris

I've use ATE super blue in my rx7 back before they deemed it illegal. Had no problems with fluid boil on HP+ pads. My friend just flushed his system with Motul RBF600 and I am going to do the same.
Any brake fluid is fine as long as its DOT3/4 and NOT DOT5, and make sure its boiling point is higher than 450F dry

I run Valvoline synthetic. It's cheap, easy to find, and if its good enough for the spec miata guys it's good enough for me. I use it in my miata, though I imagine it'd work just the same in the 2. 4+ hours of track time is typical for the miata per event, and the brakes always feel great. I pump fresh fluid through before each event just to be safe. I haven't tracked the 2 yet, so it still has the OEM fill.

I am in the same boat. I am probably going to be adding cooling soon since the brakes get nothing stock. I am also looking to go bigger with my brakes as well. Lastly I did a search and found a list of the different fluids and their properties. I am thinking to try the wilwood stuff since it has a high dry for the price and the wet is really high as well compared to the others.

https://www.lelandwest.com/brake-fluid-comparison-chart.cfm?startRow=1&SF=5&ST=2

I use the valvoline as well. It is cheap and works well. Sure there is better for dedicated race car, but great for DD. It is avail down under?

I bought some ate blue and amber and will do another full flush. Never knew we sold that stuff here. It is quite cheap for the amount you get.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Back