Brake Compatibility

krimsonviper

:
2010 Mazda3 i-Touring
Does anyone know if the brake pads from the first generation swap over to the second gen? I have a brand new set of Hawk pads sitting around from the untimely death of my 2006.

just found out the rotors are the same and just ordered crossdrilled with pads off ebay for the 04-09 models, i will let you know if they fit my 2010 when they arrive

Awesome, thank you.

ok so the brakes will work with the last years equivalent model, i bought the sport rotors and pads from 09 models and they work on my 2010 gt

if you own a 2010 2.0 model... buy parts that work with past 2.0 3's
if you own a 2010 2.5 model... buy parts that work with past 2.3 3's

the sport model's with old 2.3 and the new 2.5 both have 11 11/16'' rotors on front and 11 in the rear

new and old 2.0 models have 10 61/64" up front and 10 7/16" in the rear

as long as you buy components from equivalent model you should be fine

Anyone know if the rear rotors from a 5 fit the 3 (or MS3). I noticed the rear discs on the 5 are vented while the rear discs on the 3 are solid.

Anyone know if the rear rotors from a 5 fit the 3 (or MS3). I noticed the rear discs on the 5 are vented while the rear discs on the 3 are solid.

you mean like vented down through the center?? if that's what you mean then it makes the rotor wider and will probably not work

Back