Bought a 2003.5 MSP missing the turbo

Bring it by me, I'll charge you a reasonable fee to look it over and tell you what's all ****** up with it. (lol2)
I can even fix it too and know how to convert it back to OEM.

Last edited:
are you still selling this?

I might be interested...does it drive? what is the mechanical state of it? how much do you want for it as is?

if he passes let me know, I might pick it up...it would save me from having to buy suspension stuff too when I do my track car later on

The car is available. PM me if interested. I know this is not the right venue but its cheap and needs to be built/re-built. $3300, 53K mile MSP w/o Turbo, probably the ECU and corresponding turbo parts. Runs and drives. PM me and we can exchange numbers.

Bob

Last edited:
I thought you were saying I can't keep up to the thread. I barely got in, I went to see the Furious movie. I did jump from the 4th page to the last. To much of nothing in the thread so I just skipped to the last page.

<HR class=hrcolor width="100%" SIZE=1>
Quote from: orng1 on Today at 11:48:46 PM
Quote from: Sup3rL4m3r on Today at 11:41:27 PM
Quote from: orng1 on Today at 11:31:30 PM
Quote from: Sup3rL4m3r on Today at 11:12:15 PM
Quote from: orng1 on Today at 11:00:56 PM
Quote from: Sup3rL4m3r on Today at 10:35:58 PM
Paid off the SMIC today - deposit down on the hardpipes. Installed Forge BPV - boost kicks in much earlier - very nice. Ordered the ATP WGA tonight. Wideband/EGT is waiting for me to pounce on the first J-Pipe I can find on 247. Missed 3 already! I think I may go Unichip rather than SS - so this weekend i'm crawling all over the forums for info. Proll order the SU Uni through a member here on the forum. Best of all - my MOCC decals are on finally. Tight.

Just ask there are a lot of us on the forums and we spot good deals all the time. And can help direct you in the right direction for which parts first. Money allowing of course. So you converted the MP3 to a speed.
icon_thumright.gif

Just drove to get my son - I forgot i also put a green LED from Superbright in the dome light. Must. Be. Brighter! The map lights burned my retinas so I'll keep them how they are. Guess i'll need to try Oznium for the dome.

Thanks for the tip - will be sure to ask around - money allowing
icon_wink.gif
. Also if I go by the VIN i'm driving #702 of the 2003.5 MSP vintage.

I think i'll reset the ECU tomorrow and see if performance changes at all.

It is a real speed then? There is another guy on 24/7 that got a MSP without a turbo recently.

Well it has a 2003.5 production number. I'm clueless other than that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

The guy on 247 got an engine with the turbo removed - right? I read that, too. Whadda you think about that? I hope my MSP is freaking real or my turbohoses ain't gonna connect to nothin'.

Seems like someone blew the motor and they didn't bother to returbo it and instead just put a P5 motor in it and stopped at that.

Ya - that's the one.
icon_thumright.gif

It seemed to fit in well so I thought I'd post our comments from the other forum here too.

LOL I could have edited it a little but I was happy with how it went. Flowed real well into the conversation.

That's what i think happened here. P5 motor.

LOL I could have edited it a little but I was happy with how it went. Flowed real well into the conversation.

That's what i think happened here. P5 motor.

I will get it on the lift tomorrow and confirm protege vs MSP motor. Not that it matters a ton.

Back