boost guage

XspeedyD

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
i just installed my boost guage last night. it took longer than anticipated because i had never done anything like that before but it turned out good.

T for boost guage hose
IMG_0169.jpg

running underneath TMIC cover
IMG_0170.jpg

Running around behind the battery
IMG_0171.jpg

running through the hood latch hole in the firewall
IMG_0172.jpg

on/off switch for the backlight and the custom gauge pod
IMG_0175.jpg

fuse for power comming right from the battery
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good where did u get the gauge?

It's a glowshift guage. My friend has one and he hadn't had any issues so i figured i would try it. glowshift.com

Looks nice but I don't know if I would run the power right from the battery.

yeah i've heard mazda has even pulled s*** about not honoring warantee stuff with gauges, so i figured if leave the wiring alone and i have any electrical issues i will be all set. it has it's own fuse so the fuse will blow if anything goes wrong and power will be cut.

I hooked up mine a couple days ago but instead of using power directly from the battery, I chose to tap into a wire that would give me steady 12v while the key is turned... As soon as you take the key out, the light goes off. If anyone has any question regarding the boost gauge pm me.

where did you T off? it looks like it right off the BOV line?
PS what gauge is that?
EDIT: ill read next time Glowshift

Last edited:
You tee it off on the vac line that attaches to the top of the DV.
Make sure you use some zip ties to hold the lines onto the T

Ya i know you need to T to a vac line. i just wouldnt have chosen that one. I have install a few boost gauges in my day and usally we leave the BOV and WG on their own lines. dont want to mess them up by zapping away some of the suction. In theory it should all work the same. Ideal location is to have a vac block. if you dont, then some where up closer to the IM is better IMO

either way it looks good, and if your not having any problems with the BOV/BPV then its all good.

Ya i know you need to T to a vac line. i just wouldnt have chosen that one. I have install a few boost gauges in my day and usally we leave the BOV and WG on their own lines. dont want to mess them up by zapping away some of the suction. In theory it should all work the same. Ideal location is to have a vac block. if you dont, then some where up closer to the IM is better IMO

either way it looks good, and if your not having any problems with the BOV/BPV then its all good.

that is where i saw everyone else tapping into, and thats actually the only place ive seen anyone tap into. mine is working good and so are the other peoples i know who have their guage running from that line (wrx platform)

hey boostislove do you know how i can install one... i have a rough outline but not 100% sure

Yes i know how you can install one. I'm guessing judging from what thread we in you have a ms3. i can give u instructions but i would think the info and pictures that xspeedyx put would be good enough. If you have any other questions let me know.

Back