bluetooth connection problems?

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech
something curious is happening with both mine and my wifes cx5s

our phones used to connect fairly easily to the bluetooth, but we're both having issues now where the car wont connect or will only connect to the 'audio player' portion, not the phone portion (neither of us even use the audio portion, wish there was a way to permanently disable that connection, but car wants to do it everytime even if you deselect it after connecting)
they'll usually connect after we reboot the phones, we're using two different phones (hers a stock lg optimus s mine a rooted evo 4g) so the only commonality is the mazda system (although it is two separate cars)(eyeballs)

I have exactly the same issue with a motorola & htc.. Mine has deteriorated to the point where it wont pair at all!

I'm having all kinds of problems with my bluetooth. Half the time it won't even connect, or it takes forever to connect, or the steering wheel/nav screen controls will not control the music. Pressing next or back does nothing, and I have to go to my phone to skip songs. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. Also, the phonebook/call history almost never downloads. So basically, my bluetooth is more or less useless.

what firmware are you using? I had a droid 2 and now the droid 4 on my cx5 with no issues with bluetooth.

fwiw, my droids only have the problem with the calls dropping when the phone has wifi enabled. Perhaps you can try doing the above functions with wifi and mobile hotspot disabled?

I have connection issues with my iPhone 4S. Downloads phonebook and phone calls sound great. Bluetooth streaming audio will cut in and out and also speed up and slow down randomly. I generally have to disconnect and reconnect a few times per trip.

It sucks but i've learned to live with a lot of the problems with this car.

I try to use mine the first 2 weeks now i dont even bother anymore.
I paired my "Blackberry" with my CX5, it seem to work ok, then when i got back in my CX5 i cant seem to get it working.
I have to un-paired everything and go thru the hole processus again and even like that somtime it just doesn't want paired at all.
My GF has a "Iphone4" and it works perfectly alway's paired with my CX5 and her Mazda3.
I have no problem with my Ipod, it connect without a glitch and read's music properly.
I tought that my old BB was the problem but it seems im not the only one having problem with the blue bluetooth.

Haven't really had issues at all with my Android. Occasionally cuts the saved music on, rarely doens't pair..had the car since April. Perhaps there's something amiss in the bluetooth system in the cars where it's just flat not working.

I have no problem with my Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 4.0.3) but my wife has a Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000)(Android 4.0.3). The first time when I manually paired the Note, the phone connects to phone-audio and media-audio. But the second time only paired to the media-audio. It's very frustrating. I have to manually make the phone-audio connection. The next time the problem still exist.
Anyone a solution for this problem?

Wilco

my galaxy S2 phone will only connect as media audio and not as phone audio - i have to manually toggle it and after about a minute it might connect and work.

after reading a bit about this issue, i thinks it is about time someone will say it out loud : the car BT device is NOT WORKING PROPERLY. i have other multimedia with BT screens in my other cars from Kenwood and Pioneer, and few phones, and there is NO ISSUE there whatsoever !

MAZDA should come up with a solution. this is a defective low grade device.

best thing to do is go to mymazda.com setup your account for your car and email a complaint in, enough people do it they'll do something about it

good idea. tried doing thet, yet, i am not from the US. i will discuss it with my dealer. thing is their service is crap and they really know nothing.

my galaxy S2 phone will only connect as media audio and not as phone audio - i have to manually toggle it and after about a minute it might connect and work.

after reading a bit about this issue, i thinks it is about time someone will say it out loud : the car BT device is NOT WORKING PROPERLY. i have other multimedia with BT screens in my other cars from Kenwood and Pioneer, and few phones, and there is NO ISSUE there whatsoever !

MAZDA should come up with a solution. this is a defective low grade device.

I also have the Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 4.0.3 and NO problems with connecting bluetooth. But my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note (4.0.3) has the same issues as you describes. I wonder if it is the Mazda or Samsung (Android) that is causing the problems?

I am 100% sure it is an android problem. I had a iPhone 4s and now i have a galaxy s 3. with my iphone i would just leave the BT on all the time, start my CX5 and everything worked flawlessly EVERY single time, and very quickly too. With my Galaxy s 3 i have the exact same problem as OP. Even when it does connect sometimes it will disconnect withing 5 mins. I then have to go and manually toggle bluetooth and finally it will all connect and stay connected. Also my BT icon does not show that anything is connected. Im at the point where its easier to just use a BT headset. I will do some testing with my nexus 7 to see if jelly bean fixes anything.

after spending the last couple of days searching on this topic, i might also be the Galaxy S2 4.0.3 fault. some people say that the BT issues are fixed in 4.0.4 .....

we'll have to wait and see.

excellent news !!!! few days ago i got a software update through FOTA for the S3 that seem to solve the issue completely. my phone is no seamlessly connecting to the Mazda BT set, and stays connected/ wow, what a true relief !! i was so frustrated with this thing .

the fault was on the Android side all this time....

Back