blue calipers on black

imac

I Like Turbo?
Decided to get some brake paint when I was out the other day. Thought about getting red since most of the accents in the car are red, but I'm a huge fan of blue so I decided to go with it. Wasn't too hard especially since the car is pretty new and there wasn't too much junk to clean off of them before I put the paint on.

I personally think they turned out pretty good. They look a little brighter in a couple of the pics because of the flash, but you'll get the idea. Figured I'd throw a couple pics up in case anyone else was thinking about going with this color scheme and they wanted to see how it would look, or just to get your general input on it. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 100_0462.jpg
    100_0462.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_0463.jpg
    100_0463.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 258
  • 100_0464.jpg
    100_0464.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 280
if you can figure out how to get a few more blue accents on the car i think it'll be nice as hell. Props for avoiding the red and going for originality.

I like it a lot, what paint did you use? I was looking for a color like that for my car, couldn't find one that light though.

I like it. And I agree red is waaayyy overdone.
Good choice, just like when I did my own 3 yrs ago... (blue on white :D)

IMG_0373W.jpg

IMG_0379W.jpg

But if you used the Duplicolor system, expect a lot of touching up. The G2 system is epoxy and is supposed to last years before any trouble. That's what I'll be doing next time.

yea, i used duplicolor. it worked ok on my last car so i decided to give it another go. if i have to respray them at some point i'll probably just do it when i have to rotate the tires anyway, kill 2 birds with one stone.

and to LaCroix, its just the basic blue duplicolor that's like $6 a can. if you're looking for something bright, it's not as vibrant as the pics might indicate... i think the flash from the camera gave it a little extra pop than is normally noticeable. if you are looking for something more than regular royal blue, you might want to try VHT. havent seen it in person, but they offer brake paint in Bright Blue that looks to be a little lighter than this.

but sad to say they will be re-painted red cuz im gonna do a red pinstripe on the front like the GTI i like that look and well there are a lot of other red accents on the car....i know red is over used but oh well who cares if it looks good

Well damn I thought I was the only one with a silver Speed3 with blue calipers!!! haha. O well.. it does look sharp doesnt it.. I love it. I get a lot of compliments on it to actually.

hmm.. i think i'm gonna paint my calipers too. but, i'll think of some random color nobodys even considered doing.. like neon orange or brake dust brown. s***! i've said too much (eek2)

Back